Generally speaking, I am not a fan of B&Bs; honest austerity of a hotel, or even a motel, gives me comfort and peace of mind. However, our kids sent us this gift certificate, and we decided to give it a shot. One night stay in Captain Lord Mansion dramatically changed my perception. Granted, there was nothing dramatic about that night, or the day before, or the morning after (no pun intended), but this warm and fuzzy feeling that took over me when we stepped into the reception area, and then continued to our room, never dissipated, and, in a way, it's still here. Of course, I should mention excellent service, fabulous location (the ocean is just a short drive, or a long a pleasant walk away), great sheets (!), very inviting room, decorated with a great deal of taste, unbelievably therapeutic jetted tub, cute little shops in the area (again, not a fan, but most people are), wonderful, unpretentious food... But, first and foremost, it was a great escape: we visited a different time, not just a different place... Strongly recommend for those who's in a dire need of change of pace and peace of mind.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Lord Mansion Hotel
- Captain Lord Mansion Hotel Kennebunkport
- Captain Lord Mansion Kennebunkport, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the only AAA 4 Diamond bed and breakfast in Kennebunkport, ME. Enjoy spacious guest rooms at our Kennebunkport inn with comfy beds, heated floors, luxurious amenities, fireplaces, & Jacuzzi tubs. Our B&B in Kennebunkport also features complimentary gourmet breakfast, beach chairs & towels, Wi-Fi, in-room snacks, & afternoon beverages. Steps from wonderful shops, galleries, and restaurants, our Kennebunkport bed & breakfast is the perfect romantic Maine getaway. 2010 Fodor’s Choice! ... more less