“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 25 Kennebunkport B&B and Inns
Wisconsin
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2005

I have to agree with the others, we had a wonderful experience at The Captain Fairfield Inn! The innkeepers are so warm and gracious, they made us feel right at home.
Attention is paid to every detail from our room being spotless, the Aveda bath products, the beach towels & beach bag for guest use, to the chocolate chip cookies that our daughter took full advantage of each day and the port wine that my husband & I took full advantage of each evening. The breakfast was amazing, Rob & Leigh share the cooking duties and both of our mornings were equally yummy! (the butterscotch coffecake - a little slice of heaven and their special blend juice was wonderful)
It was our first b&b experience and now we are completely spoiled, not sure others will be able to live up to the standard that was set by Rob & Leigh (and Riley) at their beautiful Captain Fairfield Inn!

• Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2005

After reviewing all the B&B's in the area on tripadvisor, we were stumped as to who to go with. Talking directly to Rob & Leigh definitely made up my mind...they were warm and friendly on the phone and extremely helpful without ever having met me. I booked immediately and was so excited to travel to Maine for my sister's wedding. Rob & Leigh were amazing hosts. Accommodating, inviting and there to ensure that you have a wonderful stay. They immediately showed us around the house (I wish I had paid a bit more attention cause supposedly there were homemade cookies, as the last reviewer posted) and asked if we had any questions or needed anything. Our room was clean, comfortable and the Aveda bathroom products were a very nice touch, as was the complimentary bottled water. The breakfasts were nothing short of perfection. Fresh fruit every morning followed by homemade bread such as scones or biscuits and then your choice of entree, such as crepes or french toast. I got to taste my first eggs benedict and it was delicious. We never started the day off hungry, I can tell you that! Having booked a B&B in Canada off trip advisor and not having a good stay, I was a bit skeptical about doing it again. But I was extremely pleased and we will definitely stay at Captain Fairfield the next time we go back. Even the dog was a wonderful addition to our stay. We had to leave our dog in the kennel while we were away and seeing their sweet dog's face every morning helped to make our day a bit brighter. I highly recommend Captain Fairfield to anyone looking for a lovely and peaceful place to stay in Kennebunkport. And it was a short few blocks into the heart of time. Wonderful location, great innkeepers and scrumptious breakfasts. What more could you ask for? Even the other guests were a nice addition to our breakfast chatter. Thanks for a memorable stay, Rob & Leigh!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2005

This was one of the BEST B&B's I have stayed in. Everything was exactly as it should be in a B&B. It was charming, warm, inviting, friendly, clean, wonderful breakfast and every detail was considered. Homemade cookies, the port, and a self-serve kitchen nook for tea, lemonade, and nibbles were some of the extras that added to the experience. The inn keepers were lovely, friendly, and a class act. We would come back to Kennebunkport merely to stay at this great B&B.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2005

My wife and I stayed here from June 16 to June 18. It is clean and comfortable. The breakfasts are great and it is a easy walk to town.

• Stayed June 2005
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2005

We recently stayed at the Captain Fairfield and couldn't agree more with all the previous comments. The innkeepers, Rob and Leigh, were gracious hosts, and the breakfast was terrific.

• Stayed May 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2005

After a busy day of travel and a late night arrival, I found Leigh, Rob, and Riley (their very friendly dog) waiting to greet me. I immediately felt welcomed and at home! My room was luxurious and immaculately prepared - and appreciated the modern touches (new tv with cable, gas fireplace) without sacrificing charm and personality. I had all the convenience and comfort of a large hotel but with the small close feel of staying with friends. Breakfast was superb, and in general there was always something to snack on - ginger snaps in the pantry or pecans on the table in the breakfast room - you will not go hungry here! With their very reasonable rates, I will certainly stay at the Captain Fairfield again when I return to Maine!

• Stayed April 2005
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2005

After reading the reviews on tripadvisor we decided to give the Captain Fairfield a try for our romantic weekend escape from the children. We were delighted with our choice. Rob and Leigh are a wonderful, friendly couple who truly love what they do. Upon check in we were warmly greeted and offered freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. The rooms were immaculate and well-maintained. The Inn is filled with beautiful decor and rich history. The location is lovely, and a short walk to the center of town. The breakfast selections each morning were perfect. Homemade caramel coffee cake and blueberry muffins, fresh fruit, eggs benedict, apple cinnamon pancakes, all fantastic! Rob and Leigh have a great knowledge of the area restaurants and were happy to help you decide on where to enjoy a delicious evening meal. A phenomenal experience and perfect weekend. We look forward to returning!

• Stayed April 2005

Been to Captain Fairfield Inn? Share your experiences!