My husband and I and another couple stayed at the Cottages at Cabot Cove for 4 nights, 4th of July week. When we arrived and pulled onto the crushed shell driveway, we knew we were going to enjoy our stay! The cottages were just adorable. It was it's own little village :) Our friends stayed in Sea Mist, loved the decor. We stayed at Float in, the first cottage next to the the main house where you check in. When we booked the reservation I thought being in that location there wouldn't be as much privacy but there was. Each cottage has a little patio of some sort. Cabot Cove does a great job with landscaping around the patios and in between the cottages for privacy. Our cottage was absolutely charming, well kept and clean. We had a little kitchen with a stove, oven, micro, fridge, dishwasher, table and a keurig maker. The cottage had silverware, bowls, coffee cups, ice bucket etc...We were very impressed. They had thought of everything. We had a small sitting area and our bedroom and bathroom were seperate from the living area. We had a queen sized bed which was comfortable (we usually sleep in a king) and it was plenty big. The room is just big enough to walk around the bed but we didn't mind cause we had the extra living area. The bathroom is small (stated in other reviews) but not unbearable!
The staff was wonderful and very helpful. We had arrived in the evening so where our cottage was located it got the evening sun. Even with the window AC running in the bedroom the cottage was HOT! We had spoken with the main office and within a couple of hours we had an extra unit put in, in the front room.
Cabot Cove also provided us with breakfast in the morning. They hung it on our door without disturbing us. They have canoes and bikes on the propery that you can take into town. We never used them and chose to walk instead. It was maybe a 5-10 min walk but it was a beautiful walk. We enjoyed looking at the houses and beautiful landscaped yards. We even took a ride to Bar Harbor (little far-- 3 1/2 hours) and Portland (45 min drive). They were both well worth the drive. Out of the 3 places, we liked the town of Kennebunckport the best. It was everything I pictured Maine to be and more. I must say overall, we had a great time. The only regret we have is that we never asked if there was availability to stay longer!
It takes me months to research a vacation from reading reviews, to looking for things to do, places to go and where to stay. I must say Cottages at Cabot Cove is on the top of our list to come back and stay to relax!! Thanks so much for your hospitality and our little goodie bag when we checked out :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Upscale lodging located on the Cabot Cove. Fifteen affordable, pristine, designer decorated cottages. Five star service. Gourmet breakfast served on your private patio overlooking the water. Picnic lunches, spa services, canoes and kayaks available. The perfect spot in a perfect seaside town. We look forward to welcoming you to Kennebunkport and to Cabot Cove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelClick and Travelocity so you can book your The Cottages at Cabot Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottages At Cabot Cove Hotel Kennebunkport
- The Cottages At Cabot Cove Kennebunkport, Maine