“Not really a lodge, but we liked it.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lodge at Turbat's Creek

You added Lodge at Turbat's Creek to your Saves list
Lodge at Turbat's Creek
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Turbat's Creek Road, PO Box 2722, Kennebunkport, Kennebunks, ME 04046   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Kennebunkport
Chicago, Illinois
“Not really a lodge, but we liked it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Nice little hotel/motel near the town and beach. Nice staff and the room was fine for the price. The staff was very helpful in showing us places to visit and directions all around the area. Wish the weather was warmer to try out the pool.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

In a wonderful location, this gem is great value and we'd recommend it wholeheartedly.
Sophie manages the reception and cheerfully helped not only ourselves very late at night but we noticed her also helping some walkers who had lost their way at dusk. The owners should give her a raise for sure! Never had anyone take so much trouble.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stopped in Kennebunkport en route from Nova Scotia to NYC to attend a book signing at Kennebooks with our favorite murder mystery author, Louise Penny. We needed a pet-friendly hotel and found the Lodge at Turbat's Creek. We were very pleasantly surprised by the reasonable price and the spacious room. As others have noted, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff is remarkable. We were helped with (accurate!) directions to our destination in Kennebunk. We didn't have time to try the pool, but the setting was peaceful and pleasant.

Room Tip: Only certain rooms are pet friendly. Make sure you tell them in advance you have a pet to avoid conf...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
east coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Recently stayed at the Lodge at Turbat's creek for one night while traveling from Acadia Park back to Massachusetts. we chose Kennebunk as a stopping point. Glad I found this hotel online before going. The rooms were HUGE!! The bathroom was BIG!! Everything was clean and the room was bright so didn't feel gloomy. Slept well with just the bathroom window open as it was cool enough not to have to use the ac. Peaceful and quiet --no busy traffic noise. The grounds were beautiful.

Didn't use the pool.

Sophie, the person who checked us in in the evening and was still there in the morning was awesome. So very nice and helpful. Recommended places to go and places to eat. Answered all our questions. If I go back to Kennebunk I am staying at this place, FOR SURE!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Fairport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

We enjoyed the location,the size of the room,the setting,the pool,the pricing, the breakfast,the guests, ------and Most of all we LOVE Sophie the Manager! She could teach the Hotel Industry the ropes! She epitomizes customer service and went above and beyond the call of duty to make our stay an absolute pleasure. Long live Sophie and Turbat's Creek!

Montréal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We LOVED this motel. As soon as we got there we were already sad to be staying only one night. The lady who greeted us was amazing. We were only there for two days and yet she gladly showed us a map of the town and recommended tons of restaurants we could try. The beach is a 5 minute drive and probably no more than a 10 minutes bike.

Very clean rooms, independent A/C, free parking, large rooms and bathrooms, pool (we didn't enjoy it as the beach is right next door!)

If I had one negative comment to point out... would be the breakfast (at the reception, don't have great expectations) which s pretty much cereal, muffins, cake, coffee and juice. But the room is very cheap - you can have breakfast in town. Besides that..... well, the room was very yellow and had old decoration. But who cares!? :)

This little town itself is lovely. All is near, you can just walk around and enjoy the nice terraces. I strongly recommend this motel as well as the town itself. You should try it!! We WILL be back!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011 via mobile

This is my second and last night here. My room smells like the dirtiest wet dog and it is disgusting. Last night I literally wrapped a clean pair of sweatpants over my face so I could fall asleep. The smell is unbearable. Now, two nights in a row, I have walked into my bathroom and have, so far, killed 4 spiders, 6 of those pincher looking bugs, and multiple other species. There was "other's hair" in my shower, and after I requested my room be thoroughly cleaned...the hairs are still in the bathroom, the room smells worse than an animal shelter, and the only difference is, my bed is now re-made. Not impressed, not worth the $400 for two nights. I thought this was an inexpensive alternative to the nonantum (where I was going to a wedding) but clearly this was a CHEAP alternative and should have spent the extra $100 per night. Extremely disappointed and beyond disgusted. I should have slept in my car.

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Lodge at Turbat's Creek? Share your experiences!