“Think Twice before you book at the Harbor Inn!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kennebunkport
Harbor Inn
You added Harbor Inn to your Saves list
90 Ocean Avenue, Kennebunkport, Kennebunks, ME 04046   |
Ranked #15 of 25 Kennebunkport B&B and Inns
West Hartford, CT
“Think Twice before you book at the Harbor Inn!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2005

My Wife and I have spent many weekends travelling and staying at nice Inns and B&B's throughout New England. We always throughly research the properties and utilize websites like Trip Advisor and are usually rewarded handsomely!!!!

We selected the Harbor Inn to celebrate our 5th Wedding Anniversary..you see 5 years ago we celebrated our Kennebunkport, ME. Availability was difficult this weekend due to the popularity of Fall Foliage viewing. Many of the Inns and B&B's were either booked or required a 2-3 night minimum stay. We found the Harbor Inn through Trip Advisor and other websites. We visited the Harbor Inn website and picked out a few room options and made the call. Perfect! They had availability ofr Saturday and they even had our 1st choice of room (room #3). We thought we were on our way for a great 5 year anniersary!

Here is where the fun starts... When we arrived, the owner, Kathy, gave us the key to our room and showed us around the Harbor Inn. It took us a minute, but we finally noticed that this isn't the room we requested...it turned out that we were being moved to Room #4. We questioned Kathy about this and she very nicely replied that there were bathroom issues with Room #3 and that this room was the only one available with a shower. Seemed like an honest reason why not to put a guest in a room...right?

To our surprise and disgust we found out that Room #3 was occupied by another guest!!!! We questioned Kathy the morning of our departure about the bathroom issues and she continued along with her lie. As she quickly showed us the door, we confronted Kathy telling her that the we knew the Room we booked was being occupied by another guest. She quickly backpeddled and said that she had given the room to an elderly guest....WHAT? What did that have to do with anything? I don't think elderly people have to go to the bathroom and more or less than we do!!!!!

This was quite a disappointing experience. We specifically request a room and the room number is clearly stated on our receipt.... How can the owner give it away to another guest without our conscent and without even offering anything for our inconvenience?

On another note...pictures can be deceiving.. The bed in room #4 is not an antique canopy bed. Our bed was thrown together pieces found at a tag sale...and the canopy was screwed togther 1x1's! The bed was rock hard and very very creaky! We felt like it was going to fall apart at any minute.

We love going to Kennebunkport.....but we will NEVER EVER STAY AT THE HARBOR INN AGAIN! We would not recommend this place to our worts enemy!

• Stayed October 2005

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2005

My husband and I stayed there for 3 nights in August. We had a lovely time. The breakfasts were delicious and the hostess was wonderful. The rooms were cozy and the entire place had a very "homey" feel. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2004
Houston, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2005

I booked two rooms for the Harbor Inn on Ocean Blvd. for Prelude Weekend for 5 women. From the start, the owner wasn't very friendly and I felt rushed to ask questions and get information. I booked a year in advance, but unfortunately my daughter was in the hospital for a week in November with a life-threatening illness, so my girlfriends and I cancelled our stay a month before Prelude. The owner expressed her sympathy by simply stating, "Well, I'm not sure I can book these rooms now for Prelude" in a very curt manner!!! To say the least, I will never stay there.

Been to Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!