My husband and I stayed here recently for our first visit to Maine coast It was mid -October and we were surprised how unoccupied the hotel was for a spa hotel but we were happy to be there. We enjoyed the continental breakfast and the quaint town and surroundings. The hotel lobby was set up more as a spa entrance, not a typical hotel entrance with bellhop etc. Room was upgraded to a larger room with King bed which was a nice gesture by staff. However, the mattress frame was broken and mattress was not supported on one side. Attempts to fix it didn't work as we experienced same occurrence on our second night's stay after mentioning to hotel front desk the first morning. They did discount the room due to the oversight so we left on a positive note. We'd definitely give this hotel another try next time we venture back to Maine,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in the 1880's, The Breakwater Inn & Spa is one of the most historic Kennebunkport hotels and inns with all the modern hotel comforts, located right on the Kennebunk River waterfront. Experience our chic water view inn rooms, cottages or spa rooms as you indulge in exclusive signature spa treatments in our luxury spa complex. Delight in innovative cuisine at Stripers Waterside Restaurant, taking pleasure in the freshest seafood, lobster and shellfish from the New England Maine Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelClick, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Breakwater Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakwater Hotel Kennebunkport
- The Breakwater Inn And Spa Kennebunkport, Maine