We debated between staying here or at the Cape Arundel Inn, and decided on the Breakwater because it was a little closer to town. What's also nice is that it has a small, rocky beach in front, and easy access to a nearby sandy beach.
The view from our third floor Spa room was excellent, allowing us to see the tide come and go and a parade of boats floating by (including an occasional Secret Service boat on its way to the Bush home).
The room came with a breakfast, which was buffet style, and could be eaten on the deck overlooking the river.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in the 1880's, The Breakwater Inn & Spa is one of the most historic Kennebunkport hotels and inns with all the modern hotel comforts, located right on the Kennebunk River waterfront. Experience our chic water view inn rooms, cottages or spa rooms as you indulge in exclusive signature spa treatments in our luxury spa complex. Delight in innovative cuisine at Stripers Waterside Restaurant, taking pleasure in the freshest seafood, lobster and shellfish from the New England Maine Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your The Breakwater Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakwater Hotel Kennebunkport
- The Breakwater Inn And Spa Kennebunkport, Maine