“Great experience and educational trip” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 12 Activities in Kennebunkport
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great experience and educational trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This cash only about 4 hour trip was well worth the money. Very experienced captain that was also very knowledgeable about the locations that the whales, porpoises, and seals would be. Very comical commentary that the captain gave about what to look for, where to look, and what was going on. There was plenty of room to observe at the rail for photos etc. The only drawback was with the head. For some reason the restroom didn't have toilet paper, that is a little too much roughing it for me.

Rigaud, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Lobster Tour was Amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I are in Maine with the rest of my family, they had all gone on the tour the day before and had great reviews! We decided to give it a try and loved it! $20 each is very reasonable for everything we got to experience. The guides were very knowledgable, entertaining and kind. We got a tour of the port, saw how Lobster fishing is done, and saw many many seals. The whole tour was an hour and a half, which for me was just perfect because any longer and I would have started to grow tired of being on the boat. This is why I would 100% recommend this over a whale watch, where you are on a boat for 4 hours and may not even see a whale! I am sure the lobster cruise has spotted its fair share of whales anyways.

Do not miss this Lobster tour!

Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
5 attraction reviews
“You can't control the whales or weather.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

A couple years ago I went on whale watch with First Chance and it was a great time, weather was perfect and there were many whales to see. This year was different, it was very foggy and we only saw a couple Minke whales, but this was no fault of the crew or the company...some things you just can't control.

The captain did give us an upclose look at Boone Island, which we never saw before and there were 100's of seals playing on the rocks and swimming by the boat. While it was not whales, we did at least get some enjoyment out of it, the kids were especially happy.

For the food on board, always bring your own snacks, I pretty much think every knows this and even when I made my reservation they person told me more than once to feel free to bring my own drinks and snacks and dress in layers.

I have also done 2 Fourth of July fireworks cruises with First Chance and both times were very enjoyable and would certainly do it again.

Newport, RI USA
4 attraction reviews
“AWESOME 4th of July Fireworks Cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We took an incredible cruise on the vessel Kylie's Chance with our host and Captain "Dan". The cruise was perfect and we saw the most incredible fireworks display we have ever seen. The vantage point of the boat on the harbor was unlike any other experience ever. The absolute best way to see the fire works. Highly recommend. The vessel had available soda, water, beer and wine and some basic snacks. They also had a bathroom on board which was nice and well kept. This will become a yearly event for us!!! A bargain at $25 per person.

Visited July 2013
“First Chance Whale Watch????More like Very Little Chance, Fat Chance, Zero Chance Whale Watch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

HELP! SOS! Im stuck on the damn boat now as I write. I couldnt wait to post this! I know whale watches are hit or miss, but this particular one has too many negative reviews that I shoudnt have ignored. (I went on one out if Provincetown, MA that was excellent) This one...we saw 1 whale 100 yds away and the "captain" chased it all over the place for a total of maybe 20 seconds of above water viewing. And his PA wasnt working so no one knew what the hell he was saying. What a waste! 50 bucks per person and then you have to pay $10 to park. They boarded us 25 minutes late, leaving 150 people in line on the dock roasting in the blazing sun while the crew of knuckleheads looked out at everything around them. As for food and snacks on board? Stale peanut butter crackers, pop tarts, candy, chips, and ham sandwiches made by the ungloved "crew" who had no water to wash between taking your money and making the next "appetizing treat." SAVE YOUR MONEY and buy some Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers. That way you will see more sea life, have a better snack, AND save a hell of a lot more money than you would by going on First Chance Whale Watch out of Kennebunk, Maine. Total suckfest!