“vaction for one” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
One Dock is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 41 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Cross street: Spring Street
Keene, New Hampshire
“vaction for one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had a 2 great meals With a wonderful piano players. One night i was there for my Birthday. eveyerone that works there are very nice to know.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
KPTMGR, Manager at One Dock, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear ediejenkins,
Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed One Dock for One! We are thrilled you joined us and enjoyed everything including the music and the staff. We look forward to your return to Kport.

Belchertown, Massachusetts
“Good food, Noisy atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were in Kennebunkport to celebrate our anniversary. I was a bit disappointed with the atmosphere. I do not like "side by side" seating. We were very close to the table next to us. There was barely room for my husband (not a big man) to squeeze between the tables to get seated. The restaurant is very noisy.
First we ordered the lobster bisque. When this arrived, we were surprise at how thin the bisque was. It was the consistency of a thin soup. The flavor was good and it was nicely seasoned. Neither of us has one bit of lobster.
We were very please with our main course. We had the ribs and the filet of beef. Both were very nicely presented and well prepared.

Visited August 2013
KPTMGR, Manager at One Dock, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Sojourner1986,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to One Dock. Your comments about the food were appreciated. Our Lobster Bisque is made in the classic French Style and the lobster is mixed with shrimp in a house made sausage. This is why you do not have pieces of lobster as well. Our Ribs are unique and a pleasure to eat! We wish you a Happy Anniversary and hope to find just the right spot for you on your return.
Enfield, Connecticut
“Dining just OK at best...pub had nice music for after dinner.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We went here for our anniversary dinner and was somewhat disappointed. First, the table was so close to our neighbor that we had no choice but to get to know them. This turned out fine as we ended up sharing a table in the pub area to have a nightcap and listen to some good tunes. Too close to have an intimate dinner with your someone special. As you may expect the prices are a bit high but you are in Kennebunkport. We were not surprised or bothered by the prices but we did hope this may translate into good food and service. Unfortunately not.
My wife decided on a cup of chowder and pan seared scallops. She did not enjoy either. The chowder had way to much pancetta and should have been called Pancetta Chowder. Literally the bottom third of the cup was filled with the pancetta she left behind. This influenced the flavor of the rest of the chowder too much. Her pan seared scallops was seared with way too much pepper on the seared side and the lemon and herb yogurt was a bit bland.
My dinner started with a Caesar salad. I was disappointed from the start. A Caesar salad is pretty basic in terms of ingredients, romaine lettuce, some parmesan (or other Italian hard cheese), croutons and the Caesar dressing-anchovies optional. As compared to other salads often on a menu, fairly simple. The One Dock Caesar review --Romaine lettuce, very good, crisp fresh. Cheese, barely seen. Croutons, the 3 polenta croutons were good, would have liked a few more. The dressing, the whole reason the be ordering a Caesar, a huge disappointment. I am not looking for my lettuce to swim in the dressing at all but I do want some dressing- this salad had some traces of dressing on a few pieces of romaine at best. Anchovies, not an option offered. Neither was a little ground black pepper. I ordered the roasted chicken for dinner (the same as my closest neighbor who was almost on my lap). First impression was portion was a little small...maybe I expected a half of a roasted chicken.. but it looked nice on the plate with roasted potatoes and asparagus. (as I took my first bite my neigh or asked how the roasted pigeon was). The chicken(a statler chicken breast) was cooked nice and crispy and the meat was moist. I could not detect any marinade or such and the spices where all on the skin so the meat was a little bland but still tasty. The asparagus was cooked very good, still some crunch as you took a bite. The roasted fingerling potatoes were awesome and turned out to be the highlight of the meal for both my wife and I. My neighbor and her spouse also felt the same way about the potatoes as compared to the rest of there meal.
So we had a nice evening, overall a nice setting, service OK, nothing to really comment on as the summer help was just that, summer help.
We did enjoy a nightcap in the pub/lounge as we listened to a 3 piece band play a variety of music as we sipped on a late harvest zinfandel that was tasty.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
KPTMGR, Manager at One Dock, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear mjlally,
Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review of One Dock. We are happy you chose to spend your anniversary celebration with us. We offer a variety of seating options at One Dock and hope to make all our guests as confortable as possible. It sounds like it was not as intimate as you would have liked but that your neighbors helped in that area. Your review of you wife's selections were not what we would have hoped. Over spiced food is not something our chef sets out to do unless it is specifically stated in the menu. Our local chickens are butchered here on the property and our provider tries to keep the size as standard as possible. You are correct we do not marinate this dish and instead baste it through the cooking process. Your compliments on the sides were appreciated. The decision to join us in the pub afterwards sounds like a nice finish to your evening and celebration. Please consider joining us again in the future and contact our Dining Room Manager - Lee Fopeano to secure your reservation.
West Newbury, Massachusetts
“Good Food But Poor Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife an I had a very nice dinner here on the last night of our beach vacation. The food was very good and beautifully presented. We sat on the patio, which was perfect since we like dining outside. However, the service was not acceptable for such a nice restaurant. First, the server cleared my knife and fork before bringing my entree and forgot to bring me another when she served he entree. I asked her twice for a knife and fork, but she waited on another table before taking the time to get it. I had to ask the host before I got one. Second, my wife asked for another glass of wine but she didn't bring it until she was nearly done with her dinner. My wife wanted it with her dinner so she sent it back, but received no apology from the clueless server. Finally, the server cleared my plate and asked if we wanted desert, but my wife was clearly still eating. She even left the check before my wife was through with her meal which was rude. This is not an inexpensive restaurant and they need to train their servers to be professional.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
KPTMGR, Manager at One Dock, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Paul N,
Please accept our apology for your service problems at One Dock. Service mis-steps like you experienced are easily avoided and would have made your night truly enjoyable. Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on the food. We hope you will consider returning to One Dock for the "complete" experience. Please contact Lee Fopeano - the Dining Room Manager when you plan your return.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Relaxed Setting and Great Menus for Both Adults and Children”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We joined our friends for dinner at One Dock and had another great experience sitting outside.

The food was good, and while at times the service could be slow, they were very eager to ensure that they made up for it with great food and a smiling face. Sometimes it is nice to have a slower pace to life and it is better than feeling rushed.

Everyone who visits Kennebunkport should visit One Dock, and dine outside if possible.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
KPTMGR, General Manager at One Dock, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear DCJD2012,
Thank you for sharing your review of One Dock. It sounds like you had a wonderful, relaxed evening on our patio. We agree enjoying great food in an outdoor setting helps make the vacation experience complete. We hope you find your way back to us!