We are a family of four with 2 kids, ages 4 and 7. We had an amazing time as we stayed on property for a week in Aug. The place has a really cool design but still keeps the feeling of Maine. The staff was very warm and welcoming. They were able to provide beach passes, beach chairs, towels, great restaurant recommendations and had bikes on property to explore with. The pool was cleaned each morning and stocked with swim noodles and goggles. We were pleasantly surprised to discover that it's Salt Water, not chlorinated. It was really nice not to smell like a bunch of chemicals after you got out! There were tons of amazing books, boards-games to play with, ping pong and a bean bag toss that the kids loved. We did family Yoga with Erin by the Cove the morning we left. The drinks and food were really yummy. They also have live music by the pool on certain nights.
I picked fresh blueberries directly off the bushes outside of our room to add to my yogurt each morning. The kids loved the muffins and deviled eggs.
There was a mix of younger and older couples, some with and without kids. We made friends with our neighbors who had a younger son. After our kids went to bed, we would have a glass of wine on the porch outside our room. Very relaxing.
The entire family took a bike ride into town one evening, it's only 5 mins away.
We will definitely be back next year. Look no further, you found exactly where you need to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge on the Cove offers a modern and light hearted approach to the quintessential relaxed Maine experience. This newly furbished classic motor lodge is nestled on a wooded cove in Kennebunkport with a relaxed, yet refined, feel. The Lodge offers a vibrant mix of vintage, classic and contemporary furnishings, bold patterns and an upbeat color palette. It is a combination of natural elements, nautically inspired accents and local art that together bring an organic and eclectic Maine vibe. The Lodge will be the hub of activity with check in, lobby and a poolside bar – the perfect place for relaxing and soaking up the fresh Maine air. Onsite bar and restaurant, The Dory, will offer a wide array of fresh cocktails along with simple and delicious light fare. Glass doors open up to the pool deck creating a spacious area for games, gathering, dining or to simply just laze about. Welcoming and unassuming, The Lodge on the Cove is a happy place to visit, perfect for multi-generational travel, couples and young families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lodge on the Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Cove Hotel Kennebunkport
- Lodge On The Cove Kennebunkport, Maine