We just came back on July 27 from a family birthday celebration at the Lodge on the Cove. We were seven people ranging in age from 17 months to 70 years and we took 3 rooms.
We were so pleased with the cleanliness, beautiful room decor, amenities, very comfortable beds, and super silent air conditioners. It was great to have the mini fridge.
The children were to sleep with their parents and the blow-up bed and pack'n'play were ready for them when they arrived, complete with linen.
The staff couldn't have been more pleasant or accomodating, providing us with maps and detailed directions to restaurants, grocery store, etc.
Because we had little children with us, the poolside restaurant was just perfect for a quick and tasty, but simple meal.
If we had one minor issue, we would have liked to have a toaster and bread at breakfast. Otherwise, the fresh fruit cup, yogurt, granola and muffins seemed adequate for other people.
Like one of your other reviewers, we did find the Wifi slow, but we were certainly able to use Apple devices.
The location was very good, walkable to town and also fairly close to Goose Rocks Beach, where we usually prefer to go.
We have been coming to the area for years and stayed at the Village Cove before it was renovated. We were thrilled with the renovations.
Good job management and staff!
Sharon and Family from Montreal
- Also Known As:
- Village Cove Hotel
- Village Cove Hotel Kennebunkport
- Lodge On The Cove Kennebunkport, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge on the Cove offers a modern and light hearted approach to the quintessential relaxed Maine experience. This newly furbished classic motor lodge is nestled on a wooded cove in Kennebunkport with a relaxed, yet refined, feel. The Lodge offers a vibrant mix of vintage, classic and contemporary furnishings, bold patterns and an upbeat color palette. It is a combination of natural elements, nautically inspired accents and local art that together bring an organic and eclectic Maine vibe. The Lodge will be the hub of activity with check in, lobby and a poolside bar – the perfect place for relaxing and soaking up the fresh Maine air. Onsite bar and restaurant, The Dory, will offer a wide array of fresh cocktails along with simple and delicious light fare. Glass doors open up to the pool deck creating a spacious area for games, gathering, dining or to simply just laze about. Welcoming and unassuming, The Lodge on the Cove is a happy place to visit, perfect for multi-generational travel, couples and young families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Lodge on the Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.