My husband and I just returned from a trip to Kennebunkport, Maine. we stayed at the brand new Lodge on the Cove, which opened on the July 4th week. Everything was brand new and lovely. I found a grand opening special and we booked the package called "The Plunge" We stayed 2 nights in a large well decorated room. The king size bed was extremely comfortable,along with a table and chairs, a micro and a mini refrigerator. The large sink vanity outside the bathroom was ideal. They also made available bikes and kayaks, however we didn't use either. The main lodge entrance is lovely and each morning we went to have our fresh cup of coffee at the help-yourself bar. Our breakfast was delivered to our room each morning which consisted of fresh orange juice fruit, yogurt, and a large muffin. The pool area was lovely and the small tiki bar was located right by the pool. A very nice small menu is available to order sandwiches and light fare foods.The location of this bed and breakfast is a short drive (or trolley) ride to the town. but is tucked neatly away on a tree lined private street. Taking a ride on Ocean Ave is a must before going to the quaint and interesting little town of Kennebunkport. We ate at the new resturant David's, the bar menu was great. The food was delicious and worth waiting for(no reservations are taken). The upstairs David's is a very pricey and more formal dining area. I understand it is a place to have a 10 course dinner! We were told about a place on the water called The Ramp and we enjoyed a delicious seafood dinner. It is a small local place, but it was soo good! Kennebunkport is a must see!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge on the Cove offers a modern and light hearted approach to the quintessential relaxed Maine experience. This newly furbished classic motor lodge is nestled on a wooded cove in Kennebunkport with a relaxed, yet refined, feel. The Lodge offers a vibrant mix of vintage, classic and contemporary furnishings, bold patterns and an upbeat color palette. It is a combination of natural elements, nautically inspired accents and local art that together bring an organic and eclectic Maine vibe. The Lodge will be the hub of activity with check in, lobby and a poolside bar – the perfect place for relaxing and soaking up the fresh Maine air. Onsite bar and restaurant, The Dory, will offer a wide array of fresh cocktails along with simple and delicious light fare. Glass doors open up to the pool deck creating a spacious area for games, gathering, dining or to simply just laze about. Welcoming and unassuming, The Lodge on the Cove is a happy place to visit, perfect for multi-generational travel, couples and young families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lodge on the Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Cove Hotel Kennebunkport
- Lodge On The Cove Kennebunkport, Maine