We would never recommend this Inn. It was my wife's birthday and we were looking for some place very special in Kennebunkport. Based on how the Inn advertized itself on their Web site and the prices of the rooms we were horrified over our experience and the way Gavin the manager handled a very uncomfortable situation for us. Also we were greatly
disappointed how the knowledge of my wife's birthday was completely ignored during the entire time that we were having dinner at the Inn's restaurant.
At 10:30 pm we returned to our room for the night to find that the toilet was not working and there was no plunger in the room to be found. Naturally we called the front desk but no one answered the telephone so I left a message asking for someone to contact us as soon as possible to tell us where we could find a plunger. I then looked throughout the Inn including all utility closets and could not find one anywhere. The manager was gone and the Inn's office was dark. We called two more times over the course of the night, leaving messages but never got a reply until 8:30 am the next morning. Needless to say it was a very uncomfortable night and morning.
Even more upsetting to us was that Gavin offered no apology at all and just said "the plunger is outside the door". We couldn't wait to check out. All of the workers that knew of the situation that we talked to were also horrified and said that we should speak to the manager Gavin about making some kind of adjustment on our room rate for our inconvenience.
As we checked out we asked Gavin where the plunger was and he told us there was only one (1) and it was in the Kitchen and that he would make no adjustment on our room and never offered an apology.
For an inn that is supposed to be upscale, to have only one plunger that is kept in the Kitchen is ridiculous. To have a manager that would not adjust the bill or even apologize to us is unacceptable. Don't waste your money.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Arundel Hotel Kennebunkport
- Cape Arundel Hotel
- Cape Arundel
- Cape Arundel Inn Kennebunkport, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Cape Arundel Inn is Kennebunkport’s only oceanfront inn and restaurant. Looking out from our inn you will enjoy the breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. The Cape Arundel Inn was built in 1895 and twelve of our fourteen rooms have wonderful ocean views with seven having balconies overlooking the ocean. Our inn has been honored with numerous accolades including: Award of excellence -Wine Spectator, 5-Stars Portland Press Herald, Seacoast Living magazine, Maine Home and Design, and Down East magazine. As of January 2011, The Cape Arundel Inn came into new ownership. Both owners have a loyalty, love and respect for the town of Kennebunkport and plan to uphold the Inn's reputation and tradition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Cape Arundel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.