we are from IL and ME was always on my list. we picked room 25 for a reason and so glad we did. the view is amazing and its my new wallpaper for my phone. yes, the window A/C units are noisy--i am not sure they have much alternative. the bathroom was redone and was very nicely done. nice large flat screen and was able to watch my BEARS on monday night.
the dining room is beaufiful. staff was friendly and professional. apologies to Patrick because i had driven thru wells (i think) and the worst torn up road in the world and was a little gruff when we arrived--sorry bud. however, i expected a little more at breakfast. the ratio is one breakfast meat per egg lol. baked goods were good; scones, muffins etc. also had cereal and yogurt/granola. the hot items were well prepared but maybe could have been a little more plentiful. we did not have dinner in the restaurant. i saw what i thought was the dinner menu in the room and didnt get excited.
you are there more for seeing the area but this Inn is in the right location. views are beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic Cape Arundel Inn is Kennebunkport’s only oceanfront inn and restaurant. Looking out from our inn you will enjoy the breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. The Cape Arundel Inn was built in 1895 and twelve of our fourteen rooms have wonderful ocean views with seven having balconies overlooking the ocean. Our inn has been honored with numerous accolades including: Award of excellence -Wine Spectator, 5-Stars Portland Press Herald, Seacoast Living magazine, Maine Home and Design, and Down East magazine. As of January 2011, The Cape Arundel Inn came into new ownership. Both owners have a loyalty, love and respect for the town of Kennebunkport and plan to uphold the Inn's reputation and tradition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Cape Arundel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Arundel Hotel Kennebunkport
- Cape Arundel Inn Kennebunkport, Maine