Despite being on a lovely remote stretch of road, the rooms were not quiet at night. It was air conditioning units from the neighbouring cabins - we were in the annex. In a place like this (and a price like this) I want to hear the waves and nothing else.
There were some very nice touches like beach towels and parking tokens.
The room was cute but had a very slight mustiness - probably normal for a seafront property, but still.
The staff were friendly but the kids did not seem to be welcome in the restaurant at dinner. The waitress was courteous as opposed to friendly, other guests seemed slighted that their amazing dinner with views of the Bush residence was to be accompanied by children. The chef prepared an excellent meal for the kids - fresh fish and veg with sauce on the side. My own food was good, not amazing. Drinks and wines were very good.
Breakfast was good - ok coffee and superb muffins, but quiche and no other choice????
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests choose from two distinctive locales to book their stay; Cape Arundel Inn, located on exclusive Ocean Ave or Old Fort Estate, tucked away in a tranquil, wooded setting on Old Fort Ave. Guests staying in the Cape Arundel Inn building’s guest rooms enjoy breathtaking ocean views, onsite restaurant, Ocean, and a spacious lawn area – replete with Adirondack chairs in which to sit and soak in the fresh sea air. At the Old Fort Estate, a short drive away, guests can enjoy the Club House featuring vintage pool table, full bar, light lunch, library and spacious patio surrounding the heated lap pool. Resort highlights include a full a la carte breakfast at Ocean restaurant, spacious, tranquil grounds at Old Fort Estate and elegantly appointed guest rooms throughout. While the time away on your chaise lounge at Old Fort Estate, soaking up the summer sun’s rays, then enjoy a stroll to Cape Arundel Inn for an afternoon porch cocktail as you drink in breathtaking ocean views. In the evening, savor a wonderful dining experience at Ocean, prepared by Chef Pierre Gignac. Ocean offers fine cuisine inspired by southern French and Mediterranean flavors, beautifully presented and enhanced by the outstanding wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Cape Arundel Inn & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Arundel Hotel Kennebunkport
- Cape Arundel Inn & Resort Kennebunkport, Maine