“Retirement home food” 2 of 5 stars

+1 207-967-4050
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
95 Ocean at The Nonantum Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 43 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Maine Chef of the Year 2014 cooks up creative local cuisine including his famous Blueberry BBQ Ribs. Nightly specials highlight fresh seafood and ingredients like herbs from The Nonantum's gardens. Enjoy waterfront dining and live entertainment most nights in season (June-October). Just a short walk from Dock Square along Ocean Avenue. Recipient of TV Diner's Platinum Plate Award. Also serving casual fare, local beers and cocktails in Heckman's Pub and the resort's front porch.
Maine/New York
“Retirement home food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

This is our second time here. We ate in the ballroom where a jazz combo was playing. They were just competent. It took the waiter three tries to get us the wine we ordered. The soup tasted canned; the chicken dish had no taste. The place looks like a retirement home and the food is not better.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

New York City
“Surprisingly Wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

Our rack of lamb and "signature" blueberry BBQ ribs were absolutely delicious, with just the right amount of flair, but without impairing the good heartiness of the food. And large portions!! A very good value for excellent food! We ate on the outdoor patio and it was a wonderful ambiance, very nicely decorated.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Portland, Maine
“I will be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

My husband and I went here because they were having a benefit breakfast for the American Diabetes Association. It was a buffet, bigger than I have ever seen. The view was amazing from our table, but none of the tables have bad views. They had all kinds of breads, English muffins, bagels, eggs, pancakes, French toast, bacon, sausage, hash browns, home fries, a huge variety of fruit and yogurt (I am a huge fan of a place that serves yogurt). I am sure I am leaving stuff out. The breakfast is open to the public and they have benefit breakfasts almost every weekend, I recommend checking them out. I know I will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maine/New York
“Specials are good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

I wanted to try this restaurant for the free music it offers. The front room is pretty with a view of water and part of the hotel. To see the musicians, though, you sit in an enclosed back room which takes away from the atmosphere. Call ahead to ask if there are open tables in the music area. On the night we ate, there was a bus tour so no table for us. You can, however hear the music in the front room, but it is not the same. Their blueberry ribs are two sweet for my taste but a plentiful portion. The asparagus was tasteless and too al dente, even though I like my vegetables on the hard side. The polenta had little taste. The service was pleasant and friendly. On Monday night the ribs and a cup of soup or salad is $20.09--good value for a place like this. I would give it another try.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oslo, Norway
“A very good restaurant. The food was great and even the bread was super.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

A very good restaurant. The food was great and even the bread was super.