“Perfect in every way!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Kennebunk
Milford, Pennsylvania
“Perfect in every way!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The White Barn Inn is truly a bit of heaven. The staff is warm and welcoming with the assurance that every need was met beyond expectation. Our suite was outfitted with a delicious King sized bed plus two overstuffed chairs facing a charming fireplace. A soak in the jacuzzi after a day of walking the village and beaches was ideal. Bubbles, of course both in the tub and in the glass..
Being a "foodaholic" this was quite possibly the finest dinner ever! Chef Jonathan Cartwright and his team presented a feast fit for royalty. Each course more delicious than the previous and I cannot even now decide which was a favorite. ALL were amazing.. And while some may think breakfast is an uneventful experience, at the WhiteBarn it is more than that. Continental included the most delicious sampling of SteelCut Oatmeal with local maple syrup, Fresh squeezed OJ, Quiche, Pastries, Homemade Yoghurt, fresh fruit..I could go on and on. Try it yourselves, I can't begin to tell you how wonderful the WhiteBarn experience was. My parents, 81 and 85 years old are still raving about it!! What a Gem it is~!!

Room Tip: Loved the Green Suite. Comfort in every way!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sudbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I will start with the positivies, there are many. The dinner was probably one of the best meals I have ever had (and some might say I'm a food snob) and worth every penny. The breakfast was also amazing (worth noting only the buffet is included. If you want any of the dishes on the menu it's at additional cost, but not complaining totally worth it). The spa was also excellent, my husband and I had the couples massage. Service was top notch, again you get what you pay for. My only complaint is that I didn't feel the rooms were worth the price we paid. We had a suite with a fireplace and jacuzzi tub. We went in March (off season) and the rates were still ridiculous. It was a special occassion so we decided to splurge. The room size was just ok for a suite, the decor very "old school" and the walls very thin. It constantly sounded like the people above us were going to fall through the ceiling! For the price I expected way more. The fireplace & stack of wood was a nice touch. I probably wouldn't stay overnight again, I think for the price you can find better, but I would go back to the restaurant and spa in a heartbeat!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a lovely old Inn that has been around for 150 years.We had a beautiful junior suite with a fireplace and jacuzzi tub and waterfall free standing glass shower.The service was impeccable.Everyone greeted us by name.We had an amazing dinner in the restaurant which was a four course meal. Chef Jonathan Cartwright creates a varied menu and the presentation is flawless.The timing of the courses is just right.The varied tastes really complement each other.We got a tour of the kitchen which had many cooks and was very hectic.It was amazing how calm and quiet the restaurant was compared to the hustle bustle of the kitchen.It was one of the best meals we have ever had.My husband took a cooking class with the Chef and he learned a lot.Chef Jonathan is very personable and friendly and knowledgeable.I visited the spa and had a facial and it was very relaxing.All in all it is a lovely relaxing place to stay and enjoy the area.

Saugus, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was a very special weekend for my fiancé and I, and I must say that we could not have been happier with our experience with the White Barn Inn. The highlight was the restaurant, as it truly exemplifies a five star dining experience.

The Inn though was excellent. The service was flawless and the attention to detail from all of the staff is remarkable. The Inn service was highlighted by Katie in the front desk staff. She was truly helpful before and during our stay. I had requested a couple things to be in the room prior to us checking in, and that went off as discussed which was much appreciated. This weekend was very memorable and the White Barn Inn did not disappoint. Thank you all for your efforts and true hospitality.

Room Tip: If you are dining in the restaurant, stay in the WBI main building during the winter.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Spent the night here recently and enjoyed it immensely. Nice staff, willing to help at every turn. Room (jr. suite) was large and comfortable, although a bit dated in its decor. Huge tub and steam shower with Molton Browne amenities. Rather over-priced but was a special occasion. The restaurant is fantastic with an interesting menu and very sweet, unassuming wait staff. Wine selection here is phenomenal; I recommend a pairing whenever possible.

Hampton, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Ever since staying at the Castle Hill Inn in Newport I have wanted to try another Relais and Chateaux property and I must say that out stay at the White Barn Inn was everything I had hoped for in our visit. The staff was first rate, the room was exceptional and the Inn itself was immaculate and welcoming. The complimentary Brandy and Port in the living room and afternoon coffee/tea and sweets were a really nice touch. The Inn was very quiet as it was during the week and it seemed like we had the whole place to ourselves. My girlfriend enjoyed the Spa on the second day and said it was 4 hours of absolute heaven. The first morning breakfast was delivered based on our order the night before and it was delicious and the second morning we ate in the dining room and could not have been happier with the selection of scones, coffee, teas, bagels, brioche, meats, cheeses and fruits that were available. All fresh and included in the room rate.

The only downside to the trip was that the Restaurant was closed for renovations and upkeep and didn't reopen until the morning of our departure which I did not know until after booking the room. This was a bit of a letdown as we had heard so much about the amazing food but the staff recommended two excellent restaurants; 50 Local and On the Marsh which turned out to be great! Will definitely return again and try the restaurant out as well!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I grew up going spending summers in this town as a kid, now i as an adult i always stay here. I have stayed in 4 of their suites along with one of their cottages over the past two years. White glove service, great wine list, fireplaces, soaking tubs and gorgeous pool. Flawless and amazing

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to White Barn Inn? Share your experiences!