The photo on the facilities website shows a better view than the actual place. The rooms are rather drab, and need significant upgrading. The bedding and linens are old, well used, outdated and drab. The rooms are drab. The bathroom has the tub and stool in a closet, and that is drab.
The lobby where we checked in was really in need of a facelift, the woodwork was all scratched, filthy carpeting, dark, dingy and drab. Not at all inviting, but, representative of the entire facilities appearance.
Our room was on the second floor near the outside, very dark, wooden rickety stairwell. First of all, there is no elevator so be prepared to lug your stuff up a flight of stairs. Then listen to the other guests lug their luggage up the same flight of noisy wooden stairs, trust me you will hear them. Then listen to them walk back and forth along the wooden outside walkway, to get to their 'drab' rooms, I imagine.
The cost seemed quite high--about $135 per night for the 'lesser priced drab room' considering that this is an old, outdated, drab facility, but I guess we paid for the location, not the drab rooms, as the hotel is located conveniently to the main section of Kennebunkport. Actually within walking distance.
However, this old facility, drab as it is, and quite uninviting once you are in the drab room, however the photos do advertise the facility better than we found it to be. Some fresh linens and a new coat of paint in the rooms, updating the whole enviorment would do wonders.
Breakfast is included, and presented nicely. The serving lady was most accomodating and helpful. The breakfast was better than we had imagined it would be. So that is a plus.
Other reviewers have praised the parking lot. Actually it is small and you must be very careful not to damage your vehicle or others while trying to get around the parking lot. Quite cramped.
Would we stay here again??? No. Too pricey for the value we received.
Also their cancellation policy, as mentioned by other reviewers is nonsense in this day of internet reservations. It is petty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the seaside village of Kennebunk, Maine, this beautiful inn offers thoughtful amenities and services for a comfortable stay within walking distance of the specialty boutiques, shops and galleries of Dock Square,the local whale watch cruise and the in-town trolley tour stop and the Kennebunk Beaches!!! King's Port Inn features free onsite parking, free wifi and free extended continental breakfast with homemade waffles and pastries. Enjoy a beverage in the weekend cocktail bar or walk to one of the areas lively pubs. The specialty boutiques, shops and galleries of Dock Square, Kennebunkport are within walking distance of King's Port Inn.Kennebunk Beaches are just minutes away. Be sure to visit nearby restaurants that serve fresh lobster from the Gulf of Maine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your King's Port Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King`s Port Hotel Kennebunk
- King's Port Inn Kennebunk, Maine