I spent one night in the White Building. The room was unremarkable, but there was very little night time noise from TV's, voices, children etc. I slept well, ate a wonderful breakfast, slowly strolled the beautiful grounds, walked to the beach and left refreshed and rejuvenated. Staff was low key and helpful. If you are looking for someplace to relax, breathe deep and enjoy....and don't have a lot of money..and don't expect high end accommodations...this is the place! As a single women traveler....I felt very safe here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An affordable, comfortable and clean option for the Kennebunk/Kennebunkport area. Simple, dated, plain rooms but a beautiful location next to St. Anthony's Monastery Estate, only 15 minutes to the beach by foot or drive in two and use the parking permit you get with your room. Full continental buffet; outdoor refreshing saltwater pool, free parking, A/C in every room, refrigerators now in most rooms at no additional charge. Supper available in peak season. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Franciscan Guest House Hotel Kennebunk
- Franciscan Hotel Kennebunk
- Franciscan Guest House Kennebunk, Maine