I stayed, with a group, for four days here, and found it great. As described in other reviews, the rooms are good sized, and while the furniture was not modern (ie, old style maple dressers and desks), the beds were very comfortable, the bathrooms were clean and modern (great showers with spa-style water pressure, very nice!) and the linens etc. were fine. All very clean, and in Jan. the heater in the room worked just fine.
It was a short walk into Kennebunkport Village, saving the parking hassles, and even with snow, the grounds were lovely, and plenty of the walkways had been well-cleared. It must be wonderful in other seasons. The breakfasts were excellent, too, with a choice of either full or continental choices.
Very good WiFi throughout the building, nice TVs and mini-fridges in rooms, coffee and tea fixings available all day, and two computers for guests to use.
I was here with a group, and the staff was helpful and accommodating, very friendly about any soecial arrangements, and the large meeting/working room we were in was just right. Good lighting, chairs, and very good meals. I think usually they may not serve lunches or dinners, except for groups, but they did great meal service.
I did ask about the review titled "Do Not Stay Here" and found out that there were preventative bedbug measures taken, since they can't control what comes into the Guest House, but I felt very confident that this was not an issue, and that the management had responded to that writer to her satisfaction, so don't be put off by that comment.
If you want a very pleasant stay in a clean and, though not fancy, comfortable and functional room, staffed by friendly people, this is an excellent choice. I will be recommending it to my family as a great place for a very reasonable cost, in an area of very high-priced other choices.
- Also Known As:
- Franciscan Guest House Hotel Kennebunk
- Franciscan Guest House Hotel
- Franciscan Hotel Kennebunk
- Franciscan Guest House Kennebunk, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An affordable, comfortable and clean option for the Kennebunk/Kennebunkport area. Simple basic rooms but a beautiful location next to St. Anthony's Monastery Estate, only 15 minutes to the beach by foot or drive in two and use the parking permit you get with your room. Full continental buffet; outdoor refreshing saltwater pool, free parking, A/C in every room, refrigerators now in most rooms at no additional charge. Supper available in peak season. ... more less