We booked in here for one night as we drove through Maine. Sitting on the edge of the monastery, this is a lovely setting. Our room was clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was abundant; my husband who is a celiac paid a small additional amount to have the hot breakfast options which provided him with much more than just various breads and cereals. Our one complaint would be that some of the other guests in our house were quite noisy; I kept thinking I should just get up and ask them to pipe down a bit, but just as I was getting ready to do so, they would drop their voices. But before long, they were loudly enjoying themselves again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An affordable, comfortable and clean option for the Kennebunk/Kennebunkport area. Simple, dated, plain rooms but a beautiful location next to St. Anthony's Monastery Estate, only 15 minutes to the beach by foot or drive in two and use the parking permit you get with your room. Full continental buffet; outdoor refreshing saltwater pool, free parking, A/C in every room, refrigerators now in most rooms at no additional charge. Supper available in peak season. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Franciscan Guest House Hotel Kennebunk
- Franciscan Hotel Kennebunk
- Franciscan Guest House Kennebunk, Maine