The place does not have all the amenities of a 5 star resport, but the grounds are incredible with sweeping beauty rambling through the woods and along the shoreside of the river. Absolutely amazing beauty and complete tranquility. Breakfast was cafeteria style and quite adequate. Rooms were dated, small, but utterly comfortable. Beds slept well. Staff was as friendly and helpful as there is out there. All I can say is we pulled up and out 2 girls took off running through green grass fields and we found them an hour or so later playing in the woods by the river. Very safe, very lovely outdoor surroundings where both my wife and I felt very comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An affordable option for the Kennebunk/Kennebunkport area. The hotel offers simple, plain, comfortable guest rooms for young families, seniors and anyone on a budget. Located next to the beautiful St. Anthony's Monastery Grounds with 44 acres of trees, rolling lawns, picnic tables, riverside walking path, shrines and wildlife. Only 15 minute walk to the beach. Or if you wish to drive, parking permits are available for a small fee. The continental buffet included with your room, with an upgrade to hot breakfast available for a small fee. Amenities include outdoor saltwater pool, free parking, A/C's, mini-refrigerator in all rooms. Supper by our Lithuanian cooks available in peak season. The hotel is a little oasis of peace and tranquility between Docks Square and the Kennebunk beaches. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Franciscan Guest House Hotel Kennebunk
- Franciscan Hotel Kennebunk
- Franciscan Guest House Kennebunk, Maine