“Kennebunk port getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at English Meadows Bed and Breakfast

You added The Inn at English Meadows Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
The Inn at English Meadows Bed and Breakfast
141 Port Road, kennebunkport, Kennebunk, Kennebunks, ME 04046 (Formerly English Meadows Inn Bed and Breakfast)   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Kennebunk B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Kennebunk port getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I wanted an easy getaway from Boston for a night without kids to read, sleep, and unwind. A friend recommended Kennebunkport and the English Meadows, and we tried it out. Very happy with the experience. Simple B&B, well appointed, clean modern aesthetic, and good breakfast served in courses by the innkeeper & owner. Kennebunkport was a good spot, too - I could imagine coming back. Many things within an easy walk.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz B, Owner at The Inn at English Meadows Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We often have guests staying just for a nice relaxing weekend without children. I am glad you enjoyed being able to walk to the shops and restaurants. Next time you need some alone time we hope you will visit us again.
Thanks for taking the time to share you stay with other guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

From the moment I stumbled upon the Inn at English Meadows website, I knew it would be perfect for us. Everything about it was just as I wanted. From the ease of making reservations to check-in and check-out as well as everything in between, I could not have asked for a better place to stay. The place was exactly as depicted online, modern but comfortable. Chic, yet quaint. A perfect balance. Highly recommend!!! Liz was as delightful as her breakfast. Her suggestions were also right on point (Old Vines' baked feta is a must!).... Can't wait to go back!!!! We've already sent our parents and their friends to stay this month!

• Stayed April 2013
We are so pleased that Bo's parents have already booked a trip based on your stay. Now that you know how close we are to Boston I hope you will visit often. It's wonderful having Old Vines so close to inn - great food, great wine & good company!
thanks so much Nicole!
Lambertville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have been traveling a lot lately and I am always a little leary about places with all rave reviews.Yes this was a welcome suprise.Pictures can tell a thousand words and reviews are not always to be trusted but these in keepers have put it all together. I wanted to take my wife someplace special and I have found it.The house is not only spotless and comfortable but also beautifully appointed. They have covered all bases. Gracious ,great food ,amenities and bedding that you almost don't want to get up and see the sights.The house is just tucked away enough from the bussle of down town Kennebunkport but the walking distance is no different then most of the other B and B's in the area. There is nothing Liz and Eric wil not do to make your stay a great experience. If your looking for chic and comfortable with a chance to really get away from home this is your place.Some people like to take robes from rooms I was trying to figure out how to get my bed in my car..Can't wait to do this again

Room Tip: stayed in the Carriage house suite,, great space even had a eurpean towel warmer in our bath.The hos...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz B, Owner at The Inn at English Meadows Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
What a wonderful way to start my day! It's so nice to hear from guests and see what they enjoyed most - our beds are a very big hit with all of our guests. If you bring a truck with you next time you visit I will be sure to put locks on the bed so it doesn't go home with you!

Many thanks for sharing your visit!

Best,
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife and I have been visiting the Kennebunkport area for many years and have stayed at various inns. This is our first stay at the newly renovated Inn at English Meadows. The transformation from the old "Victorian" motif (when we stayed years ago) to the new impeccably decorated decor is simply amazing. The inn is tastefully decorated with attention to detail throughout. We stayed in the Sunrise Room, aptly named due to the five window turret, letting in an abundance of light. The room is one of two in the main house and has a spacious bath, comfortable chairs for reading and the most comfortable bedding we have ever experienced. You can't help but be relaxed in such an environment. Liz's gourmet breakfasts were simply delicious and unique. From ricotta pancakes with lemon curd, roasted pears with espresso, crab cakes and egg Benedict, and chocolate scones (my favorite), each breakfast was an enjoyable dining experience. Eric's service and conversation during breakfasts only added to an overall pleasant morning, each day of our stay. We will definitely be making the Inn at English Meadows our new Kennebunkport "home away from home". Thanks Liz and Eric for a wonderful experience. Looking forward to seeing you again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz B, Owner at The Inn at English Meadows Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Wow! You made my day.
I am so glad you enjoyed the updates we made to the inn, it's so much fun to see the guests who have stayed here prior to us reaction to the new style. Sunrise is one of our popular rooms so happy to hear that you enjoyed that room as much as others.
Breakfast is when I get to be a bit creative. I try to find new recipes that you might not have had before or wouldn't make at home.
I am so happy to hear that we will see you again. We will do our best to make it a memorable visit for you.
Many thanks for your comments.
Liz & Eric
Johnston, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We need a quick escape and found the perfect place! The English Meadows Inn was just what we were looking for. From the clean, updated and nicely appointed rooms, to the plush robes and slippers (a take home surprise!), everything was perfect. A short walk into town and a quick ride to the beach makes this Inn perfectly located. What a pleasant surprise the next morning when we were served a fabulous 3-course home cooked breakfast. Simply scrumptious!

We will absolutely return!

Room Tip: We were given Room #2 and loved it!
Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz B, Owner at The Inn at English Meadows Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
It's always so nice to hear how much new guests like the inn! I'm happy to hear your weekend escape was what you were hoping for and that we didn't disappoint you! Enjoy the slippers and think of us when you wear them. Come back soon!
Thanks the review is greatly appreciated!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was our first stay at the Inn at English Meadows in Kennebunk Maine and it absolutely won't be the last. It was for a one night get-away in April. We were greeted by the Innkeepers and taken to our room. Restaurant suggestions were made. We stayed in "Goose Rocks". It was absolutely beautiful. The decor had the right balance of contemporary and traditional. The room was very very clean and appealing. The bed linens and bed super comfortable. The bathroom was large and the towels thick and toiletries were wonderful. The common areas are also very nice and inviting. Keurig Coffee and Tea were available with homemade choc chunk cookies in the afternoon. The breakfast was super delicious and freshly homemade. We hope to make it back in the summer months.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz B, Owner at The Inn at English Meadows Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Sorry you could only stay one night but we hope to see you when the weather is warmer. I happy to hear you were so comfortable in Goose Rock. It's such a bright room and to have the living room right outside your door makes reaching the cookies, coffee and tea so mcuh easier!
I can't wait to hear from you once you make the the blueberry muffins.
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with others.
Best,
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

What an absolutely beautiful getaway! My husband surprised me with this trip to Kennebunkport while we were hanging out in Boston! We hadn't had time to take a honeymoon since our wedding, and this trip was just the perfect getaway for the two of us! The house is immaculate, and the rooms are filled with luxurious items to keep one comfortable for their stay. The owners are very warm and take care of every need that you may need! The breakfast during our stay was absolutely delicious!! I wanted seconds! I highly recommend this place to anyone during their stay in Kennebunk! It is definitely a jewel in this cosy town!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Liz B, Owner at The Inn at English Meadows Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I wish I had know this was a mini delayed honeymoon. Your husband didn't tell me but he really wanted you to relax and enjoy a quick get away. Nice to hear you had such a good time and enjoyed the inn. We loved hearing about your wedding and your future plans. I hope you will have an oppt to visit again and stay longer.

Many thanks!
Liz

Been to The Inn at English Meadows Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!