“Afternoon lunch in Kennebunkport.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 49 Restaurants in Kennebunk
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
“Afternoon lunch in Kennebunkport.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were in Maine for the Christmas Holiday. On "down time" from family we took a drive to Kennebunkport. What a beautiful drive, and what a quaint Seaside town. We wen to Federal Jacks for lunch, and had an amazing lunch, I had the Calamari. We didn't want a full lunch, as dinner with family was planned. The Calamari was done to perfection, just the right amount of spice, and not greasy. I could tell that it was done with corn starch, deep fried until done to the right consistency. The view from the dining room was great, looking at the lobster boats tied up at the docks just made it an amazing lunch get-away.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great View and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Always hit Feds when we are up in Kennebunkport, great for families or drinks with friends after dark. Always at wait so get here early.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Thanksgiving Eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

My husband and I just visited Kennebunkport the night before Thanksgiving. We wanted to go somewhere for drinks, and Federal Jack's was the perfect place. We say around the bar, and although the weather was rainy, I'm sure that the view on a calm night would be awesome on their patio. Anyway, I ordered a couple of beers and a specialty drink, a spicy margarita. I had never had anything like it, and I was very impressed. The service was great too. We got to talk with one of the bartenders who was from the area and knew a lot about the history of Federal Jacks and the area. We enjoyed ourselves and the atmosphere. We would definitely return again for drinks.

Scotts Valley
“Popular with tourists and locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

A very popular destination for food and brews. Even though they were very busy I received friendly efficient service. A nice selection of craft beer. The Fuggles IPA was in the English style and maltier than the West Coast I PA's.
I had their Hot Turkey Dinner for $10.99 and was happy with that choice. I'm glad I stopped in Kennebunkport if not just to visit Federal Jack's.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Southington, Connecticut
“What a disappointment!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Hadn't been here in quite a while and was excited to return. First off, waitress wasn't at all friendly. Couldn't even tell her name because she never told us. Not once did she ask how our food was or clear our empty cups from the table. Id understand if it was a busy night, but it was not at all. Also, you need TWO forms of ID to order alcohol if you were born in 1988 or later and are from out of state. I don't blame this on the waitress obviously but what a ridiculous policy. On to the food. Lobster Rangoon were ok, nothing to rave about. The shrimp scampi was one of the worst I've ever had. I think they dumped water on top of shrimp, linguine, a ton of basil, and some garlic. Also, extremely overpriced. 16.99 for a clam strip dinner that was MAYBE 10 clams. I have to say I was appalled at that.

Needless to say, we won't be returning.

• Visited November 2013