“Good pizza, fast service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 49 Restaurants in Kennebunk
Cuisines: Italian
Massachusetts
“Good pizza, fast service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Good pizza, has outdoor tables, located downtown Kennebunk. Moderate pricing, average for the area. They also have a few, tasty, salads.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Melville, New York, United States
“Nice for lunch and change of pace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We love going to Local 50 for dinner and have now found Owen's for lunch and Abbondante for an italian great meal (try the veal parm)-- this married duo is doing it right, in Kennebunk bringing the local food to your table-- I am from NY so yes this is not the greatest pizza made, but it is a fun little place for a beer and pizza made to split for two--- so enjoy it- I hope this spot makes it as this little house on the main street has seen places come and go.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saco, Maine
“Good, But Not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I love artisan pizza and went to Owen's Farmhouse with high expectations, based on reviews in local papers, on Trip Advisor and word of mouth. I have also dined at Owen's sister restaurant (50 Local) a few times and enjoyed my meals there. I'm in hopes that it was just an off day, and will give it another try in the future. My wife and I split the St.Onge pizza and salads. The salads were good, but not a bargain by any means...a few greens, some pickled onion and vinaigrette for $6.50 each. Despite the waitress' estimate, the salads are not really big enough to split between two people. The St. Onge pizza had great potential, but the crust was burned, which also resulted in the fresh garlic being burned as well, so that it was bitter and not sweet/savory. The pizza was supposed to be topped with fresh garlic, leeks, local mushrooms and pecorino; however I am still looking for the mushrooms. I think the chef may have overlooked them on our pizza, I fully expected to come away excited about a great pizza place in Kennebunk, but have to say that Owen's runs at least a distant third to the products produced by Flatbread Company in Portland and Otto's in Portland, as well as First and Last Tavern in Scarborough (Pine Point). I hate to whine and complain and sincerely hope that my experience was just a one time faux pas, since other reviews show that they can do much better.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Friendly service, but pizza is lacking a bit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We drove past Owen's Farmhouse while on vacation in Kennebunk last week, and it is the most adorable pizza place on the outside, located in a picturesque little farmhouse set back from the road in downtown. We went back the following night for dinner and unfortunately were not terribly impressed. Our waitress was fantastic, very friendly and attentive, however the window sill next to our table was covered in dead flies, this didn't set a "clean" tone for the meal. Our pizzas arrived quickly, and my husband and I both agreed that the sauce we delicious, however the crust left something to be desired and was a bit too "wood fired" with black char coming off all over our hands and the table. Also, not that this is a big deal, but the décor could be a bit warmer, maybe add some flowers or something to the tables? A good attempt, but could use a little improvement!

Visited June 2013
Kennebu
“Great Wood Fired Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great pizza in a really cute setting. The pizza is great. The one size is good for one person if you want to take a couple of slices home and kids can split one. Salads are really good as well. My whole family loves this place. Sometimes we eat in and try some neat beers and the kids get a grape or orange cane soda and we also pick up and bring home. Really quality ingredients and some interesting toppings that are phenomenal!

Visited June 2013