“Tex-Mex in Maine” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Port Orange, Florida
“Tex-Mex in Maine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Surprising place with nice outdoor deck and very unusual decor inside. Staff was attentive and they offered the usual Tex-Mex favorites, along with some creative offerings I haven't seen elsewhere. If you get tired of traditional Maine offerings, this is a good alternative.

Visited June 2014

“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I'm a Texas native and no stranger to Texmex/Mexican food. This restaurant was not good. The food wasn't too bad, but it was very over priced. I got the fish tacos and there was only a small strip of fish in each taco. The service was lacking and going there with a family, I felt that we were cast off as several other tables sat down and were served food and even left before we even got our food. I didn't have any drinks there, but I got the vibe that if all you want is to buy fancy drinks and don't care about the food, this is the place for you.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Maine
“Exception to Every Rule…Matt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Pedro's and I are no strangers. We are actually really great friends - he always provides awesome food, excellent sangria, and a fun and musical atmosphere.

I can catch a curveball fairly well, but when it takes three asks for Chips and Salsa and a Pacifico during (an averagely busy Wednesday evening) happy hour, it gets to be a bit irritating. I let it slide.

Dinner orders were taken a short 50 minutes after we sat down, and only just after we got our chips and salsa, that Matt blamed on his coworkers for forgetting, rather than taking ownership of merely forgetting - wouldn't have been a biggie.

Tacos came on the wrong plates - I had some of my friends, others were on another plate, etc. So that took some correcting around before we could dig in.

Last - we were never offered more drinks, food, or dessert. Tables around us with other servers turned over twice, and were served multiple rounds each in the time we were grasping for the last drops of our beers - hot night outside!

Good, authentic mexican, but head to one of the other restaurants in KPT (David's, Federal Jacks, Allisons, Pilot House - check google for far more) unless you have two hours to dedicate to a quick dinner.

Matt - you won't be (requested or) missed once Pedro's lets you go when they realize they are losing hundreds a night, and not just tourists - locals.

I will say I was also overcharged one time after I left (server awarded herself a lovely 45 dollar tip on a $20 bill…), but the owner, Sarah, took very prompt and responsible care of me - the reason I will continue to come back and dine at Pedro's - but certainly won't to see Matt, blowing smoke rings out of his brain while trying to figure out guacamole from salsa.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I went to Pedro's for the first time a few weeks ago on a Saturday night. We went there on a whim and there was plenty of parking and even a table outside to listen to the live band that was still playing. Very nice and friendly staff, was able to recommend drinks and meals. We had the Classic Margarita - was delicious I had the carnitas tacos and they were yummy as well. Very good prices as well.
Would definitely go back!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Torrington, Connecticut
“If you have had enough seafood...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed in town and ate our fill of lobster, fried clams, fish and even some pub food. Why not try Mexican food in Maine? It was much MUCH better then I had expected. I enjoyed the atmosphere just as much as the meal.

• Visited September 2013