“As good South of the Border as you can get North of the Border” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Warren, Maine, United States
“As good South of the Border as you can get North of the Border”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Pedro's is a place I will never miss when I'm in Southern Maine. The atmosphere is totally cool and laid back. The food is beyond beyond and the drinks are so good that I actually drank enough to get a good buzz for the first time in 25 years since I swore off hard liquor as close to paint thinner. The managers come by often to make sure everything is just right and that you're having a good time, but they're so friendly and sincere that you want to invite them home with you. They didn't offer a thousand mediocre choices, just a couple of dozen superb meals. It's fun, it's affordable and it's the kind of place that would make me a regular if I lived close by. Treat yourself to the best and you won't regret it. We didn't.

• Visited August 2013

Cambria, California
“Very good food - disinterested service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Great decor /ambience - we were hungry for Mexican food after being away from CA for three weeks. Both carne asada & "gringo" (ground beef) tacos were very good & offered a different / tasty blend of seasonings & spices. Service was strange - our orders were taken promptly but then never asked if everything was ok (it was) and would we like another drink (we would have but never offered) - server was very engaged with another table & completely ignored us - someone else finally came along & brought our check - too bad as the food was good.

Visited October 2013
Sterling, Massachusetts
“Fun place, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I always have fun when I go to Pedro's! The food is very good....great fish tacos! Margs are great!

The menu is not huge, but what they do is really good! Always a fun time with friend! Love the quirky decor!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kennebunkport, Maine
“Great Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The food was excellent, and I do not love Mexican food. It is authentic Mexican, according to friends who went with us. The margaritas were quite tasty as well. I definitely plan to go back soon!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Missouri
“OMG!! Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Everything from atmosphere to service, to quality of food!! Try the dip, sausage & cheese served in mini skillet! Was soo good, I couldn't stop eating it!! Margaretta's were awesome!! Everything we had was so good we couldn't stop eating!! Even the refried beans were unique & awesome!!

• Visited August 2013