“More bang for your buck!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Biddeford, Maine
“More bang for your buck!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This fairly new restaurant seems to be thriving with business.I feel it has excellent food, giant yummy Marguaritas, and fast service.there is an outside deck to enjoy on warm summer days and nights.

Visited July 2012

Richmond, Vermont
“Beware, one of the worst meals of my life!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Drinks and appetizers were mediocre at best, service and food horrible but the flies and mosquitoes were plentiful and as hungry as we were. It took over an hour for them to bring our food and certainly not worth the wait.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Warren, Maine, United States
“Best Mexican Food I've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was taking a trip to New York and stopped over in KPort. I had read a review in the Portland Press herald that said Pedro's offered the best Tequila based drinks in New England. The drinks were phenomenal, but nothing compared to the food and service. I had a Crab and Lobster Chimichanga and my wife had a Chicken Quesadilla. The managers came over and talked to us for about twenty minutes. He comes from a family of five star chefs and she's an artist whose family are famous for their Maine seascapes and she spent a year designing the decor, which is full of gems. They made the salsa and quacamole in front of us while we were talking and kept it coming, all the time telling us to leave room for the main courses. I've eaten a lot of mexican food at home and around the country, but this was simply the best, freshest and most satisfying mexican meal I've ever had. I can't wait to go back when I'm in southern Maine. I always thought KPort would have great fish bistros, but to find a jewel like Pedro's there was a delightful surprise. The prices were incredibly reasonable, but even if they were pricier, it would be worth every penny. If you like Mexican, this is the only place in Maine to eat. If you don't like it, you will by the time you walk out the door.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kennebunkport, Maine
“I've tried......really”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

It seduces you with the outside seating. They have a great location. It's just a shame they can't pull it off with some zesty, quallity food. Just because it's a tourist town and you have an overabundance of people doesn't mean you shouldn't try to be a good solid restaurant. If you did these things, you would get the locals to support you. And they don't even offer mole sauce. shame shame. I've gone back 4 times thinking that things would change because everyone has been offering them advice. won't go back a 5th time. There is a wonderful chain restaurant 5 miles away that is "authentic".

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Pedros a no go...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were looking for a change of venue for dinner so why not try Mexican while in KPT. Not a great idea. We waited about 25 mins for a table outside - not too bad. No one offered us a drink while waited - we actually felt in the way. When got outside it was dark - no propane so the torches/fire pit where out. No candles on the table - not to mention getting eaten alive by Mosquitos. Our server seemed put put she actually had to take our order - margarita was good. Food, not so much. The guacamole tasted "off" I assume it is made in a large batch and not per order - salsa flavorless. None of finished our meal - not sure if they have a dessert menu b/c we were never offered one.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere