“Meh!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 49 Restaurants in Kennebunk
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The newest Sebago location in Southern Maine is a beautiful brewpub with an enormous brick oven. We have created a cozy pub where you will enjoy our great food and craft beers served by our fantastic staff. Come in for our Team Trivia Night on Monday nights at 7 PM and bring your smart friends.
Kennebu
“Meh!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Meh, it is the best way I can describe it. Neither good or bad. I have eaten there about 5 times and every time i feel the same way: Meh. I have never had a bad mean but I have never had something that made me say "Wow! This is great." Mostly pub food and pizza. There is better pub food in the area. The bar seems very popular and has a lot of TV's.

Visited June 2013

Dracut, Massachusetts
“Great food. Even better beer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

When we first discovered SBC, we were only stopping in to have a couple of pints. We ended up staying most of the day and ordering a number of different things to try from the menu. Their pizzas are fantastic. My personal favorite is the "Woody" which is totally unique. It features garlic butter, feta cheese, and bacon. I was skeptical at first, but now I'm a huge fan! This is listed in their menu as a staff favorite as well. We have become huge fans of Sebago brews and order them whenever we see them on the menu in local restaurants.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Maine
“Very nice atmosphere, open airy, good food, beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I've been here twice and will definitely go back. The food, beer and atmosphere is very good. The first time I had a Falafel salad with french onion soup and a stout. The second time I had the Monterey Wrap with a brown and sweet potato fries. Service was also very good, they have WiFi and you can pay electronically.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Food was pretty good, beer average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We'd driven by the store in Portland and didn't have time to stop, so decided while driving down Route 1 in Kennebunk to stop here. As the other reviews state, it is a very generic building and at first my wife thought we should pass because she was expecting something more quaint given the Maine locale. We looked at th emenu and thought we would try it. We did the "flight" of 6 beers ($5 for five plus you can add a few others at $1.50 to $2 each). I personally thought the beers were all only average (except for the IPA) but my wife liked many of them. So it is personal preference, I'm sure. The food was very good, a generous order of waffle fries was included with the haddock sandwich (very good) and the locally grown beef in the hamburger. All in all, worth a visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Maine
“Come for the Ale not the Ambiance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The building on US 1, the primary tourist artery through the town, looked brand new. Located about 25 miles from the Sebago microbrewery, it’s one of a chain of brewpubs expanding in southern Maine. Its interior was entirely generic and lacked character, atmosphere, or ambiance. It seemed more a cynically sited tourist trap than an authentic local watering hole. After finding a booth and a server, we soon selected the Saddleback Ale and the seasonal Local Harvest Ale. Both handcrafted pints were excellent! Having arrived well after sunset and dinner, we chose only to split a plate of potato nachos with the usual fixings. While good, the nachos were no match for the ales. Although tempted to have another round, there was nothing distinctive about the place that invited us to linger. If Sebago had created a pub in an older property somewhere on or near Dock Square, we’d probably be among its most avid fans!

• Visited September 2012