“Owners should lose the attitude!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 49 Restaurants in Kennebunk
“Owners should lose the attitude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Here is the deal with this place! Good quality food, good variety of choices! The only issue is the two women who own the business! They apparently wake up on the wrong side of the bed daily..... They could learn a little something from the high school girls who work there! They were the only ones kind enough to make eye contact, smile and great me. No product is worth the crummy attitude......I will be spending my money elsewhere!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kennebunk, Maine
“Mixed Bag”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Let me start off by saying I want to like it here, but I just can't. This place is an overpriced, special occasion sandwich shop. Not to mention if the middle aged female staff does not recognize you then they treat you very poorly. I would go here much more frequently, but will not return. I almost left my overpriced sandwich on the counter.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Hampshire
“Stunned by these reviews...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I have been a customer of Market Day for 3 years or so, and have always been politely served and have found everything to be delicious, whether a picnic lunch, appetizers, or take-home dinner after a busy day.

Visited May 2013
Fairhope, Alabama
“inhospitable!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Absolutely no food is worth the hostile service we received at this place/deli. My husband and I were driving through Maine for the first time and stopped at Market Day for lunch. We were the ONLY customers at the time (I should have taken it as a clue) and the bill for 2 of us was outrageous. We have visited many expensive lunch places all over the world where we consistently experience good food and kind service, but I suppose there's a first for everything. The food was nothing extraordinary, and the woman behind the counter (part-owner I gathered from the newspaper article on the wall) is absolutely abominable. She makes the "Seinfeld-soup Nazi" character seem warm and fuzzy! It really gave us a sour impression of Kennebunk and we got out of there asap. Oh...and if you need to use the restroom after a long drive & and a $40 deli lunch, don't go here! You will not be allowed! Also, do not ask for a cup of tap water to go along with the other drinks that you've purchased here...not allowed. Beware, and wear a very thick skin if you dare!

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Horrible service, mediocre food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

As a local to kennebunk, I have had several bad experiences at this place and I will never go again. With such horrible attitudes out of the presumed owners, it is remarkable that this place is in business. The food is edible, but you will not feel good about giving these people your money. AVOID!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere