“Great dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stopped in on a Saturday night for dinner. Be prepared as the restaurant is BYOB. We had almond crusted duck tenders for an appetizer, and they were fantastic. For dinners we ordered the creole steak and shrimp, and the applewood smoked prime rib special. The prime rib was house smoked and excellent. The creole shrimp were perfectly cooked, as was my steak. Portion sizes were huge, and the waitress was super friendly. Definitely a restaurant to try!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bridgehampton, New York
“Great northern restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This restaurant in Jackman, Maine is my favorite there. You must bring your own wine. Food was very good and large portions- I had the half rack of ribs and they were delicious. Friendly service and friendly patrons. they open at 5 for dinner- no lunch. Recommended!

Visited September 2012
Vernon, Connecticut
“Won't go away hungry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

A home converted to a restaurant and so it it is true home cooking. It's BYOB and that helps with the already fair price. Not fancy or roomy, but if you are going to out just eat, you will be very content when you walk out the door.

Visited July 2012
Carver, Massachusetts
“Steak was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I was up in Bingham visiting a friend, we took a ride up to Jackman (a little less than an hour away) to eat at Big Wood Steakhouse. I wouldn't even have known this place existed if it wasn't for them knowing where it was. The inside is small, but cozy. A plus right off the bat, it is a BYOB, which I thought was neat since you don't see that too much where I come from. They have a wide variety of steak and seafood. I had the steak tips and garlic mashed potatoes. They were fantastic and not too expensive. I would definitely recommend going if your up in the area.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Upstate, NY
“Nothing extra special but good enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Small restaurant, nice menu. Yes, if i ever (which I won't) return to Jackman I would return to this restaurant. I would recommend it to anyone For a very small town and a small place it really had a nice variety on the menu and everything the 4 of us ate was very good

• Visited May 2012