“Fantastic Stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Houlton
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We decided on this stop due to the reviews on tripadvsior. We were on a motorcycle trip heading to Nova Scotia. After a long day, this was a welcome stop. Once we got to the room, I was in awe of how clean everything was. It was spotless, I felt so comfortable and we thought so highly of this place, we booked a room for our return trip that same week. I would recommend this motel to all my friends and family. I will definitely be return customer!

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
fairfield county, ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We are frequent visitors to Houlton and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. The rooms are well-appointed with ample space, refrigerator and microwave. We appreciated the expanded breakfast room and breakfast menu. Staff are friendly and helpful, especially on our last visit when we just dropped in without a reservation. This location at the end of I-95 and close to the Canadian border has made Ivey's a popular weekend stop. We'll never come without reservations again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here just one night. Great service, extremely friendly. Clean updated rooms, very comfortable beds, flatsceen TVs, free WiFi. All great.
The bar was great too... Good wings and beer. The only downside was the breakfast. Eggs were dry and seemed like powdered eggs. The bacon & saugage tasted uncooked and rubbery. The coffee was horrible. It was watery and weak from an instant coffee machine. I went back to the room and used the drip maker to make a passible cup of coffee. Sooooo.... Don't eat the breakfast!!!!
But a great room for the price...

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
iveyshoulton, Manager at Ivey's Motor Lodge, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
MrVenice,
Thank you for your recent stay and review of Ivey's Motor Lodge. I'm pleased that our rooms met with your expectations and approval. I'm not happy that our breakfast did not do the same. Ivey's does it's best to provide for a good start breakfast that meets with everyone's approval and expectations. I will make certain that all items are prepared according to specifactions and directions.
We recently installed the coffee maker to assure a more consistent cup of coffee and it seems that this is not the case. I will make sure that the ratio is correct and make these changes.
Again I'm sorry that our breakfast was less than expected.
I hope that if your travels bring you back to Houlton that you try Ivey's and let us know personally if our breakfast has improved.
Thank tou again for your review and I hope you travels are safe.
Manchester, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Extremely clean and comfy. An earlier review of the breakfast coffee stated that it was weak...they appear to have a new Maxwell House machine and the coffee was very good. Beds are very nice. Micro and fridge are a bonus. Good variety at breakfast. We enjoyed the homade waffles.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of Ivey's. The staff here at Ivey's does its best to provide a clean comfortable room and a good start breakfast. I'm pleased that we met with the quality and cleanliness that met your expectations. I'm also pleased to know that the installation of our new coffee maker was able to make an impression and good cup of coffee for you.
We are always trying to improve and hope that if you have any suggestions that you let us know.
Thank you again for giving Ivey's that oppurtunity to assist you with your resting needs while in Houlton and as always have a safe trip!
Kingwood, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

As was stated earlier, this is the "Ritz-Carlton of Houlton, Maine". Clean room, wireless internet, great service. Quiet stay. Best place to stay in town. Sits at major intersection of I-95 and Route 1. Close to Walmart and grocery stores.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay and review of Ivey's Motor Lodge. I'm happy to know that Ivey's can be ranked along with the "Ritz Carlon" name. I hope that the prices that we offer don't match theirs. All the staff here at Ivey's tries their best to make it the number one property here not only Houlton but also in the "County".
I hope that we always meet with that quality.
Thank you again for your review.
Have a great day!
Peachtree City, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is the quietest motel I have ever stayed in. During our 3 nights, I heard one door close. One would have thought we were the only ones in the motel except they were full all 3 nights. So, if you want a quiet night's rest, this is the place.
The rooms are large with double beds with a table and chairs with a large bathroom. The room has all the amenities such as refrigerator, microwave ,etc. This motel has been there forever, but one would think it was only a couple of years old
Great breakfast to start the day.
It is located just off I-95 near shopping and eating places.
Lastly, when the alumni return home to home, this is the motel of choice.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the first floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
iveyshoulton, Manager at Ivey's Motor Lodge, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of Ivey's.
The staff here is pleased you had a pleasant quiet stay while in the Houlton area. There are always little things that make a big difference in a trip away from home. Like quiet restful nights and early morning breakfast to start your day.
We are glad that we could make three nights of your travel a good ones.
Thank your for staying here at Ivey's while visiting Maine.
We hope to see you again soon.
RK
Belfast, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed two nights over the 4th of July and enjoyed a very comfy stay. Quiet, clean room, friendly staff, and a great complimentary breakfast! The cheese omelets are perfect for a quick, satisfying breakfast. And waffles? Where can you get those anywhere?

We were thrilled to see the ice cream confection freezer in the lobby...how brilliant, especially since the temps were in the 90's and not much cooler at night.

Much appreciated were the fridge and microwave in the room, an ironing board and iron, hair dryer, movie rentals in the lobby...I could go on.

We stayed at Ivey's last year and will definitely be back next time we travel to the Houlton area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review of Ivey's. We are please that we made your stay here a pleasant one. I hope that we can continue to provide not only the essentials but those extras that make all our patrons travels a good one.
Thank you again for your review and we hope your trip was a great one.

Been to Ivey's Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!