“meh... over-reaching a bit.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 11 Restaurants in Hancock
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Eat, Drink. Sleep. Gather. Eat: Ironbound Restaurant and Inn exudes old world casual charm in our bar, and diningroom where we serve a wide menu of contemporary and traditional American cuisine including a wonderful range of appetizers of fresh salads; Maine oysters; ribs; award-winning smoked seafood and hearty lamb meatballs. Our entrees are creative and prepared to order using quality meats; local Maine seafood; organic chicken, pork and lamb, as well as vegan offerings. A beautiful fireplace with large hearth, original Maine artwork and interesting decorations add to the ambiance. A pleasant sitting room and outside patio area for el fresco light fare and drinks is a great place to gather with friends. Drink: Our handcrafted drinks are poured with a heavy hand from our well-stocked inventory and are made right at the bar. Sleep: Want to spend the night? We have delightful inn rooms upstairs where casual comfort, fabulous bedding and private baths await your tired and weary. Continental breakfast is served in the morning in the common area sitting room. Gather: Planning an event? Just want to gather with friends? Weddings? Reunions? Retreats? Drop us an email and tell us your ideas. We are more than just a place to eat or stay. Ironbound is a memorable Maine experience.
lamoine
“meh... over-reaching a bit.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Ate here twice this summer, thought maybe the first time was a fluke, but second visit wasn't any better. Seems like they're trying to be too many things. The "fine-dining" aspect doesn't seem up to snuff, they'd be wise to ditch it and focus on the pub scene. Server was very sweet. My boyfriend's burger was ok, my "chicken ironbound" was dry and overly salty. This is supposed to be a signature dish, but they change the preparation often?! Why even name it? I'd go back for drinks.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Palmetto, Florida
“A Fabulous Anniversary Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

At the recommendation of my dad, we decided to try out Ironbound Inn for our anniversary. Although it is very new, there were no "growing pains." The service (thanks to Denene) was excellent and the food was superb. I didn't need a steak knife for my filet, it was so tender. And the Copper Creek salmon special was excellent. It is somewhat pricey, so not a place I would go every night (much as I would love to), but it is well worth it for a nice dinner out. We felt pampered, celebrated, and my leftovers for dinner last night were every bit as good as the first time around. We will go back again!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Palm Beach, Florida
“Don't miss this great restaurant in Downeast Maine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Casual but refined interior, attentive professional service - Ironbound exudes warmth and comfort while providing one of the best meals I've ever had - certainly the best I've ever had in New England.Do not miss this place. Great for couples or families wanting something nicer than the usual seafood house. Each entree my family had was outstanding and the garlic shrimp with risotto was good enough I was planning my next visit to this restaurant before I had finished my meal. Service was as good as the food. I would recommend this to anyone searching for a "special" place in the Acadia/Bar Harbor area. This is our new "go to" place when we have friends visit.

Kennebunk, Maine
“A great dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Ironbound is a warm and inviting restaurant. The atmosphere is casual yet sophisticated. The food is tasty, satisfying, very well prepared and presented in a very appealing manner. There were three of us in our party and we were all very pleased and uninamous in our satisfaction and enjoyment. We highly recommend this restaurant!

Gouldsboro, Maine
“A mini vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We live in the area and decided to try ironbound for dinner. My husband loved the deviled eggs with lobster meat, my favorite was the chicken ironbound. We spent the night in one of their quaint rooms. It was very peaceful, just like a little getaway for reality. My favorite part of the room was no tv :) it really made a great opportunity for me and my husband to reconnect. We will most definitely go there again :)