“Great beer and chowder. Casual pub atmosphere. ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Hallowell
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Great beer and chowder. Casual pub atmosphere. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Quick and friendly service. Outstanding selection of their own beers. Chowder was great. Fried clams special was plentiful. Fish and chips looked amazing as well (I did not have but someone else in our party did). Worth a trip back if you are looking for sandwiches and local food with great beer in a casual pub atmosphere.

Leesport, Pennsylvania
“Amazing atmosphere, food and beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I can't say enough great things about this place. The food is so good and more than reasonably priced. Some of the best haddock I've ever had and the portions are enormous.
It's a beer lovers dream. And the staff is awesome!

Gardiner, Maine
“Skip the fried beer battered shrimp”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have eaten lunch here on several occasions and have always enjoyed my meal, specifically the spicy chorizo quesadilla, chicken sandwich and cheeseburger. This past week I went with a co-worker and we ordered off the daily specials menu. My friend ordered the prime rib steak sandwich ($10.00), which, went it finally arrived, looked delicious, and he agreed that it was. I ordered the fried beer battered (Maine) shrimp ($16.00), which were over-cooked and quite greasy. The fries and cole slaw were tasty. It took almost an hour for our food to come out. By then I had time to wolf down only a few bites before I had to return to work. They craft their own beer onsite with humorous names and the bar area is usually packed with locals who belong to their Mug Club. Friendly servers and bartenders. I will continue to frequent this establishment, but never again order the fried shrimp!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Great beer, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Having walked past this pub several times to go to Slates, I'm glad we visited the Liberal Cup this time. Nicely made, flavoursome beer. The service was really friendly, and good food too. We'll be here again soon.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West gardiner
“Great beer, food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Highly recommend this place. Good fresh beer and a unique and tasty menu. Friendly staff with attentive service. Can't wait to get there again.