“Loved this place!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Maple Hill Farm Inn to your Saves list
Maple Hill Farm Inn
11 Inn Road, Hallowell, Hallowell, ME 04347   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #1 of 2 Hallowell B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boston, MA
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2006

We loved this Inn. Tom made us feel very special- even putting name cards in our door! (to identify our room). The service was excellent, and the hospitality superb. The inn is quite charming, and very clean.
We definately plan to visit again.

• Liked — Hospitality
  • Disliked — softer bed than I like
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Portsmouth, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2006

I was looking for an alternative to staying in a motel. Maple Hill Farm is a most pleasant departure from motels. The farm is country charm in action and provides excellent vistas. The rooms are not just cozy and inviting, but loaded with modern convenience, yet not losing their charm. Their are a living room, library, kitchen and a very relaxing porch complete with rocking chair and a loveseat swing. It was so nice sitting there in the morning with a great cup of coffee. Scott and Vince do everything possible to make your stay feel like being at home. I,my fiancee, and another couple were ready to move in and stay there. So the next time you decide to travel to this wonderful part of Maine, do yourself a favor and book a memorable stay at Maple Hill Farm.

• Liked — Country charm of the room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Expect a great breakfast
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2006

If you are looking for a charming, quaint, out of the way location to relax and sit on a porch and rock your cares away, well look no further than the Maple Hill Farm Bed & Breakfast and Conference Center located in Hallowell, just outside of Augusta, Maine. You can park your car under the new Portege' while you enter the office area just inside the door and are greeted by Scott, one of the innkeeprs. You get to see some of the items sold right there on the farm, delicious locally made maple syrup, bath salts, oils, etc. all displayed in a glass case beneath a beautiful, polished slab of granite which used to be one of the stairs entering this post and beam structure. Scott and Vince the co-owners of this beautifully restored and period furnished inn have owned Maple Hill for about 14 years and have done a remarkable job of restoring and creating the lovely rooms in which to stay. Scott enthusiastically toured us around the main floor of the inn pointing out some of the restorative details they've done over the years. The dining room is adorned with paintings done by local artists all for sale. There is a guest kitchen area where one can help themselves to coffee, tea, hot chocolate and homemade chocolate chip cookies, and Maine blueberry mufffins 24/7! There is also an ice machine with buckets to bring to your room. We were delighted to find a homey touch of our first names written on little placards on the doors to our rooms. We met Maxine, the farm cat. She is very friendly and roams the entire downstairs area of the inn or outdoors, but does not go to the guest rooms. Scott was very helpful in giving advice on where to go eat dinner in town. There's a fat binder at your disposal which holds menus from many of the local eateries. We ate at the "Liberal Cup" and were filled on their comfort food repast - delicious! Vince is the chef and we were amazed to find such an array of cooked to order choices for breakfast. The coffee was freshly ground and delicious; pitchers of fresh orange juice, baskets of muffins, and a big bowl of fresh fruit salad awaited guests as they walked into the dining room. There were fresh from their own chicken eggs cooked to order with sides of sausage or bacon, Maine wild blueberry pancakes, with locally made maple syrup, toast made from on-site homemade wheat or white bread, and also a local oatmeal-type porridge, but made from a wheat-free grain called Spelt. My friend said it was delicious. Every room is tastefully decorated and unique unto itself with period furnishings, all rooms are air conditioned and have t.v.s and dvd's at your disposal in the room. Some rooms have jacuzzis and fireplaces (ours had both!) The entire inn and conference center are beautiful to look at and meticulously maintained. We will always return to Maple Hill Farm B&B whenever we are visiting Maine. It is centrally located and found with great signage right off I-95 from Augusta.

• Liked — The room, the jacuzzi, the bed, the food.
  • Disliked — Not a thing
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
new haven, ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2006

I thoroughly enjoyed staying at Maple Hill Farm. I was married in the area and had my reception at their Gathering Place. Scott and Vince are the owners and they went out of their way to make it a great evening. I won’t go into the details of the reception, but the space was beautiful, the food was terrific, and the service was excellent. The wedding party occupied all the rooms of the inn. Each room is unique, quaint, and clean. I highly recommend the rooms with the double whirl pools. The breakfast was another highlight of our stay. The blueberry pancakes are fantastic. They also have baked goods available any time to take from the kitchen area. My fiancé and I were also drawn to Maple Hill because they have their own windmill to generate a portion of their power. All in all, I didn’t want to leave.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2006

If you're looking for a peaceful, warm, loving place to unwind and forget about the daily pressure, then don't miss this fantastic place. This Inn is situated on 135 acres of Maine farmland and has an excellent offering of rooms with all the ammenities a traveler would need. A great farmhouse with comfortable common areas and the owner and inn keeper are very friendly. The breakfeast is superb and the sunsets are to die for. A great opportunity to relax and enjoy yourself or your family and friends.

Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2006

I was so surprised I decided to stay at an inn verses the chain hotel. After working a tradeshow in Augusta, ME the hours were much longer than expected I finally got to the inn it was 6:45pm on Sunday evening. I called Scott the inn keeper to say I was going to be late, he said that was fine. When I got to the inn I was checked in, Scott got me a beer from the bar, and then sat down with me to help me figure out where to go to dinner.

He directed me to down town Hallowell and adorable New England town filled with a bunch of artsy shops and restaurants. I went to a great little brew pub and had a great dinner.

I had to get up very early in the morning 5:30am to get back to the show, I had told Scott that I would not be at breakfast which I had heard was awesome. When I noticed the check out slip a note told me they had packed me a to go breakfast and left it in the fridge. What a nice way to start the day a great fruit salad and muffins.

The inn was clean, comfortable, with all of the amenities you need when you travel. I tend to stay in a full service hotel, but this inn takes the extra time to make you feel comfortable and feel like you are at home.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business

Been to Maple Hill Farm Inn? Share your experiences!