“Hidden Treasure!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Maple Hill Farm Inn to your Saves list
Maple Hill Farm Inn
11 Inn Road, Hallowell, Hallowell, ME 04347   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #1 of 2 Hallowell B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Mars Hill, Maine, United States
“Hidden Treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

This B&B is a hidden treasure, from the cozy inviting rooms to the lush, well manicured lawns with flowers and wildlife blossoming everywhere. The owner's and staff of Maple Hills make you feel special and go above and beyond to ensure a pleasant experience. I loved the homey atmosphere, beautiful fireplaces, charming dining room, porches with over-sized wooden rockers to enjoy a book from their well stocked shelves, or watch the array of fluttering birds go from feeder to feeder for a bite to eat. Maple Hills took me back in time, if only for a moment when I was younger and visited my Nana's, from the decor to the homemade cookies and brownies anytime. Waking to the smell of coffee brewing, fresh eggs, maple bacon & fried potatoes and blueberry muffins warm from the oven. I felt relaxed, and very much at home, just like Nana's! Can't wait to visit again, I will try out a room with the tub that fits two, and outside sauna, hot tub and hiking trail.

Room Tip: Go on line first and look at rooms to reserve the one you like best.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My daughter and I recently took advantage of the low Spring rates to treat ourselves to a relaxing over-night. The highlight for us was the outdoor hot tub nestled in the birch trees. Luxurious feeling robes were supplied for wearing to and from the tub. The Inn is filled with many interesting books. There is a full-service bar if you want a glass of wine or a beer to sip. We took advantage of the dvd player to watch a movie after the hot-tub, but we were so relaxed that we could not stay up to finish it. In the morning, a flock of wild turkeys gobbled outside the living room window. A full breakfast menu featured eggs from the Inn's chickens and delicious home-made muffins. I had whole-wheat blueberry pancakes. Yum. There were home-made deserts and hot drinks available for guests the evening before, but we were too full from our dinner at Slate's in nearby Hallowell to try them.
I was concerned about the directions, which say to follow the blue signs, but they are reflective signs, and you won't miss them.
Too bad the Inn is already booked for parent's weekend in October!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Saint John
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I were delighted to find this inn. The service was wonderful, the bed was comfortable and the hot tub was just right. Loved the guys and there eager to please....Thank you so much

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Our visit was for a brief April getaway over the long winter. We booked just a one night stay, but should have booked an entire week at Maple Hill Farm. Scott met us at the front desk on arrival. This was greatly appreciated, as in most B & B's you ring a bell and wait, sometimes 20 minutes for the innkeepers to check you in. Scott quickly checked us in, then proceeded to take all the time necessary out of his schedule to walk us through every room in the Inn and describe the history along the way. Vince cooked us an outstanding breakfast on the morning of our departure which we really enjoyed. We could have sat at the breakfast table for three hours. Vince cooks a wonderful breakfast, and the plates are overflowing with food! Scott and Vince are two of the best in the Bed and Breakfast business, and go overboard making sure all your needs are met during your stay. If your in the Hallowell area, book a night or two at Maple Hill Farm, you will be pampered during your stay! We cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: They also have a wonderful hot tub for your use!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Maple Hill is a wonderful energy efficient farm and B&B nestled in the woods of central Maine. The service and scenery were top notch, but my room was spectacular. I particularly enjoyed the giant whirlpool tub and followed it up with a nap on the coziest king-size bed I've ever slept in. The fireplace kicked on and off as I snoozed, keeping me toasty while I rested. It is well worth the visit!

Room Tip: Room #1 is the best!
Yarmouth, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

This is the nicest B&B I have experienced in amny years. The owners, Scott & Kevin, are kind, honest and charming gentlemen who make certain your stay is en excellent experience. The grounds are pristine and the wildlife abundnat. The room was very clean. I actually spilled water on the wood bathroom floor and when I wiped it up the towel was clean! Not a spot of dirt was found on the floor. The room was quiet and very comfortable. I love the fact that the owners are committed to green cleaning products and have solar as well as wind power which leaves much less of a carbon foot print. I highly recommend selecting this lovely location, just a bit off the beaten path, fin place of your large chain hotels/motels. This B&B is quaint and I'm certain will not disappoint any travelers.

Room Tip: I liked Room #3 which was perfect for just me. I am certain any room would be comfortable. I
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

There is nothing I would change about this property. Every chance I have to get up to Maine from now on, I will stay here. The hosts were attentive, the room was large/clean, the view of the llamas was peaceful, and the amenities were relaxing (fireplace and double jacuzzi tub in the room, hot tub and sauna outside). Go there NOW.

Room Tip: We went for the most expensive room - since it was off season, it was still only $165/night! It was...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Maple Hill Farm Inn? Share your experiences!