“Do not waste your hard earned money here ...please....” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Hallowell
Cuisines: Mexican
Boston,MASS
“Do not waste your hard earned money here ...please....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Awful. Simply awful. Read on ...

My wife and I dined here on Saturday night looking forward to some Mexican food. Since a table was unavailable when we arrived - we chose to get a drink at the bar while we waited for a table. The bartender was completely overwhelmed - and it took 15 minutes just to get his attention for one drink ( mind you I was at a chair at the bar ) ...and that was only after I begged. 30 minutes later - we had our table. We were greeted - and ordered drinks. Another 15 minutes go by .... no drinks. Finally the server brought us two waters - stating that it would be some time before the drinks made it out from the bar ( why they only had one bartender on a Saturday night is amazing? )....Given the delay for the drinks ...we order our entrees...Fish tacos and Chimichangas....Finally the drinks arrive.Then the wait begins....And our server completely disappears. The server is nowhere to be found. 45 minutes later - our food arrives delivered by the kitchen staff. It is absolutely stone cold. I wait another 15 minutes in frustration...hoping the server will return. She never does. Finally - in exasperation...I begin a quest to find her....when I finally do ..I explain that I merely want the check ..that the food is awful ..and I'd like to leave. She brings me the check - charges me for my entree and drink ..and says she is sorry.

On the way out I speak to the Manager and explain what happened...There is no apology ...no recovery ....he just mutters " maybe you should try us on another night ...when you can give another chance :

Are you kidding me ?

I will tell everyone I can about my experience and I will never be back.

Please do not waste your time or money here... they are not invested in Success.

As I said ...awful...simply awful....

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

China, Maine
“Great food and service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We went to Bravos tonight for the first time. We had a group of 7 so we had to wait a little while as they only have one table big enough for all of us, but I am glad we waited. Our server was friendly, helpful, and prompt. The food was yummy!! Everyone in our group loved their meal. Oh and the margaritas were perfect.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester Maine
“Great fresh Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great to have a Mexican restaurant in this area! Fish tacos were very fresh excellent. Smoked chicken wings were very tasty. Shredded beef enchiladas were very tender. Service was very good and the margaritas were excellent. Nice view on th porch. Will be back soon!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lewiston, Maine
“Can't wait to go again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Went to dinner last week with a friend and we say ole'!! A great value and wonderful dinner. The salsa was the best I've had since the old Bravos in Gardiner closed. Jim's bartender certainly knows how to pour a glas of wine and the margaritas were delicious. We left very happy and I can't wait tot go back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marthasville, Missouri
“The lobster taco special should be a staple of their menu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

After a cocktail hour down the street, we chose Bravo's for dinner. Having never been there before, we opted for one of the daily specials--lobster tacos. The tortilla wrapped filling was full of lobster chunks and pieces in a lovely creamy sauce. It was the perfect portion size for such a rich dish. It was served with a julienne slaw of fresh vegetables in a piquant vinaigrette. This should make its way onto the regular menu. It's worth coming back for.

• Visited September 2013