“Excellent food in a friendly atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Marlow, United Kingdom
“Excellent food in a friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Even though we were unable to eat on the deck, the view from the window was more than acceptable! The food was served quickly and was very good. Kelly's Landing is perfect for a decent meal overlooking the incredible Moosehead Lake.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Menominee, MI
“Most disappointing meal in a long time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This has been our go to place to eat during prior visits to Greenville Maine and we were looking forward to it. Unfortunately, something has changed and there was not one good thing about our meal. The Shrimp Alexander was horrid. The "extra large" shrimp were medium sized - too small to be stuffed, and the "stuffing" had to be kind of poured over them. The bacon was undercooked and inedible. The shrimp were super salty. The scallops in the other meal were small with not much flavor. The french fries were barely warm when the meal arrived and by the time I'd eaten a half dozen, they were too cold to eat more of them. The rice pilaf had no flavor. The baked potato was only half cooked. The Bloody Mary was made with clamato juice rather than tomato juice - a drink, but not the one I ordered. The service was as bad. I asked for a glass of water, and finally had to go inside and get it myself. Quite awhile later, the waitress brought out a second beer - which we hadn't ordered, and didn't even bother apologizing for not bringing me my water. She never bothered to ask how the food was. The presentation, for a nearly $50 meal was as bare bones and unappetizing as possible. All in all, a meal we were looking forward turned into a huge disappointment.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Winsted
“All Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My wife and I ate on the deck. Beautiful and comfortable. She had the lobster and crab cakes and they were outstanding. I had the bay scallops and they were the same. This is the best meal we had as we traveled through Maine. Our server, Justine, was also outstanding. She answered our questions and was very personable. The view and atmosphere, the food, the service, and everything else is as good as it gets. The prices are reasonable also and we hope we have the opportunity to visit again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Kiawah Island, SC
“Outdoor Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

If you can, get a table outdoors on the deck! The ducks and the resident seagull provided entertainment while we enjoyed our drinks and between courses. The food was great for all four of us, and we weren't rushed at all in order to turn over the table quickly. The friendly staff and service were a treat. I'll have to check out the rooms there next time I am in that part of the world.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
SuffolkVa
“Misleading”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The menue says Lobster and Crab Cakes. They bring out 4 small crab cakes..I ask where is the Lobster."Oh,its in the crab cakes..I guess that is misleading..we need to change that"Maybe this review will be an incentive!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere