Wow. My fiancee and I spent a few days around New Year's eve at Little Lyford. The mercury did not rise above 0 F but that couldn't keep our spirits down. The cabins were cozy and well equipped to handle the cold. The cooks kept us very well fed with delicious meals (Chicken Curry, Biscuits and Gravy yum!). The trails around the camp are perfectly groomed and we enjoyed some of the best XC skiing we've ever seen. There are unlimited day hikes in the area (gorgeous views of Katahdin from Laurie's Ledge). We brought our dog who was not a fan of the temperatures but enjoyed sleeping in the cabin by the wood stove. The warm bathhouse and sauna topped it all off. Winter trips are not for the meek (7 mile ski in) but if you're up for it this is a spectacular spot!
- Also Known As:
- Little Lyford Lodge And Cabins Hotel
- Little Lyford Lodge And Cabins Hotel Greenville
- Little Lyford Lodge And Cabins Maine/Greenville
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Little Lyford Lodge and Cabins offers a remote yet comfortable four-season retreat for outdoor enthusiasts to explore the spectacular mountains and wilderness of the Moosehead Lake region. Enjoy hiking, wildlife watching, paddling, fly fishing, skiing, and more at our traditional Maine sporting camp. Set within 37,000 acres of Appalachian Mountain Club conservation land, Little Lyford offers short walks along the Pleasant River and our pristine remote ponds, or more challenging hikes to Indian Mountain, Gulf Hagas, or the Appalachian Trail.Both the lodge and surrounding Katahdin Iron Works property are open to the public as part of AMC's Maine Woods Initiative. ... more less