“Private Moose Safari” 4 of 5 stars

Owner description: White Water Rafting outfitter and Moose Tour guides
Baltimore, Maryland
“Private Moose Safari”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Moosehead Lake - Although we did not see a moose on this trip, the guide (Ethan) was very knowledgeable of our other interests - the local bird and plant species. Wonderful canoe ride and scenery. We enjoyed our time and would do it again. Late August moose watching is not ideal timing, but we did see a moose across from the DOT sign just south of the Northeast Guide building before leaving Greeneville.

Maine
“Private Moose Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I booked a private moose tour and had Chris as a guide. We requested a land based tour, due to our camera equipment, so we traveled by van and Chris knew the right spots to take us. At the very first stop, at a remote pond, we saw the Bull Moose shown in the attached photos. The next four moose we spotted at various locations were just a bonus. It was our first trip to Greenville and we can't wait to go back and do it again.

“When can I go again?!?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing day we had. A group of us friends went together with Nicki as our guide. She was great. Very knowledgeable and gave us a fun time. All guides were super nice. I would go again in a heartbeat. We went the Kennebec river. Some awesome white water especially in the beginning. Great start to the day. I can't wait to go again maybe on the Canada falls or Penobscot for a little more challenge. Was well worth the money. Great adventure company!!!

Holmdel, New Jersey, United States
“Penobscot River Rafting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Really exciting, fun and crazy trip down the river! My husband and children (ages 14-26) had the time of their lives. I was shaken, but to see them all having such fun made it all worth it. Our guide, John King, did a great job and we felt safe....you can tell he loves his job. We got through the class five rapids, but dumped lower down the river, it was fine. We saw eagles, osprey and a loon. Jessica in the office is lovely. The Indian Hill Motel is clean and comfortable, highly recommend. Would do it all again and would not change a thing. Get the pictures, a bit pricey but worth it.

New Hope, PA
72 attraction reviews
“Private tour with Chris - family of four”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

OK this was expensive and I am sure we won't do it again but it was a great tour. As described before I booked we drove about an hour in a van to get to a remote area - called Big Duck Pond. the setting was beautiful (little buggy but we had spray) with Little Spencer Mountain in the background. It was beautiful just to be on water in a canoe with an experienced guide. Chris was in a canoe with myself and our daughter (8). My son (10) and husband were in a different canoe. We have zero paddling experience which probably showed but Chris was patient and provided suggestions. The important thing was to be quiet and we could handle that. Chris spotted two bulls within about 15 minutes, which I can honestly I would have never found. We were able to paddle close enough to see them and take some pics - not super close but we could see them. One was in the water another on land. On the drive back we ate brownies and drank tea (provided by Chris) and my husband and Chris saw another moose (female). It was an enjoyable way to spend the evening and something our kids will long remember.