“JillH” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 Attractions in Greenville
Type: State Parks, Outdoors
Activities: Camping, Swimming
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Moosehead Lake region, this park offers a small beach, campsites and boat launch facilities.
“JillH”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was a pretty park which is mainly for campers. There is only one walking trail (which was lovely and we did see a woodpecker close up). It was a pity that there weren't more trails.

Visited June 2014

Massapequa
4 attraction reviews
“Day Trippers' Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

If you are looking for a beautiful place to walk, hike or let children play on a lakefront play ground, Lily Bay State Park is the go to place. It is so beautiful, we would like to try camping there during our next visit.

Visited September 2013
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Beautiful Lake.... great to paddle and swim!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I have only tented at Lily Bay, and can not really speak for the rv sites. The park is divided into two separate camping areas (one for tents and one for rvs). I drove through the rv sites and there were lots of families and seemed quite busy. The tent sites were much quieter. I would have given this five stars, but I felt that the sites were somewhat on top of each other and you could see everyone's business and they yours. However, everyone was respectful to each others privacy, and all very nice.

The tent sites along the water are simply beautiful and you can launch your kayak or canoe right from your campsite. If you don't have a canoe or kayak you can have one brought right to your campsite from one of the outfitters back in Greenville (try Northwoods Outfiiters, really nice people). There is a fire pit in each site and wood can be bought at the ranger station when you check in. As I stat in another review, the wood that has fallen around your campsite is usually damp, and should be left to help sustain the environment. I recommend buying wood from the ranger station and support the local economy.

The showers are individual rooms with sink and toilet; so you get some privacy. The best time to go is after they have cleaned them (usually around 2pm). Water spigots are distributed around the campsites and are just a short walk away. As for the pit toilets, they are dispersed in a couple of places around the camp areas as well.

As for the wildlife, I have seen deer, fox, moose, osprey, loons, eagles, and much more. If you are expecting to see a moose, my advice is get up EARLY and head to Greenville. Look for Railroad bed road, and drive slowly. You will definitely need 4wd or awd to do this.

In summary, Lily Bay is a great for the tent camper if you don't mind the sites being a bit close to each other, and is worth multiple visits. The community of Greenville and the people there are some of the nicest people I have ever met.

Visited July 2013
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
25 attraction reviews
“Closed in the Winter, But you can Walk In”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is usually a Spring, Summer, Fall attraction, but being from Phoenix, I wanted to experience a "real" winter for once, so I headed to the deep, dark woods of Maine and I was not disappointed. I was told by a guide in the area that although the park was closed in the winter, I would be able and welcome to walk (or ski) into the park. I did, and I am glad I did! I was so peaceful and so beautiful! I hiked on just about flat land for several miles to and from the lake, enjoying the birds and squirrels. There were several animal prints in the snow, including moose and coyote. The views on the lake were just spectacular! I was not the only one there, as a pair of cross country skiers and their dog were enjoying the park as well. There were park workers there maintaining the park as well. There was no fee as the park was closed, but there is a fee when the park in open.

Visited December 2013
San Diego, California
“Beautiful park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Lovely almost level hiking trails along the lakefront, a good walk but not strenuous. Especially lovely in the fall .

Visited October 2013