“Found by pure accident” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Braybrooke
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pub, British, English
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Jo and Tremain and the team welcome you to The Swan Braybrooke, Market Harborough, away in the South Leicestershire, Northamptonshire boarder parish of Braybrooke. This 17th Century Thatched inn combines great pub food using the freshest local ingredients possible with fantastic wines and hand pulled beers, all against the background of a perfect relaxed country pub atmosphere. Jo, Tremain and team offer you a friendly warm welcome.We serve traditional homemade classics daily.With diamond menu available threw out the week at lunchtimes. We have an extensive range of real ales, lagers and ciders. There is also a wide range of wines and spirits to be enjoyed, whilst relaxing and enjoying the homely feel of The Swan. Outside; to the rear is our secluded beer garden and large covered decking area. Whilst to the front there is ample parking for all our guests. Walkers, bikers, dogs are all welcome. Jo & Tremain would like to add, if at any point while you are with us something isn't quite rite then we ask you to please tell us at once ,as our saying is "if you don't tell us we can't put it rite" We look forward to seeing you !
Rushden, United Kingdom
“Found by pure accident”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2015 NEW

We visited here today popping in for lunch.The pub/restaurant is(i believe)a 17th century building with bags of charm.The ceilings as you enter are beamed and there are lots of little pretty touches decor wise.We were quickly seated and orders were taken quite rapidly too.I had the homemade chicken and ham pie with vegetables and new potatoes and my wife had the liver and bacon.The main meals were stunning and as good a food as i have had in a pub in many years.The staff,Tom,and the landlady(i think)were extremely attentive and asked us if all was good on several occasions.The food with the atmosphere as well as the staff made the swan almost perfect......my only tiny(and it is tiny honest!)were that the puddings were a little bit overpriced for what we got.......but the best pub/restaurant i have eaten in for many many years.10/10.visited may 2nd 2015.thank you.shane s.

• Visited May 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Old, United Kingdom
“Excellent pub grub and beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2015 NEW

We went here with a friend, our two children, and dog for Sunday lunch. We pitched up a bit early but we're seated straight away in the bar area. It's a really nice pub with stone flags in the bar and a posher restaurant area. Only Everards beers were on tap on the day but that's a decent pint so no complaints.

Very nice soup for the starter, and my wife enjoyed the mushrooms, We all had the roasts - beef for me and pork for the rest. Large portions, with the kids' portion also very generous. Nicely cooked meat and unlike so many places really decent veggies - excellent roast potatoes, crisp, perfectly cooked greens etc.

Only I was piggy enough for a pud. Had the Eaton Mess that was made with a range of fruit, none of it strawberries so a nice change.

Reasonably priced, nice food, good portions, friendly and efficient service in a nice village pub. What's not to like.

“Brilliant all round.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015 via mobile

i travelled up from Essex to visit my nan and grandad who lives in desborough. They decided to take me out for lunch. They come here once a month.
As soon as we parked in the car park, and got my nan out of the car, who has trouble walking, a lady came out of the door, saw us and offered to open the fire exit so it would be easier for my nan, so she ran back inside and opened the door. Got us a table right next to the fire exit so my nan didn't have to walk to far. Took our drinks orders and pretty much came back with them straight away.
The lady who came to give us the menu was happy and bubbly and reeled of all the specials.
The food was amazing, I had the mushroom starter, and the duck for main. The duck was gorgeous. The whole atmosphere and decorating was brilliant.
Best food I've had in a while. Will definitely be returning there next time I visit.

Visited April 2015
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Just Gets Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2015

After a few weeks of trying to book a table on the Saturday morning for a table that evening without success we booked well in advance. This only serves to demonstrate the success of this place.
We were a table of 8 and when we arrived the place was heaving. We all had starters which were all delicious. For mains we had a varied selection of meals ranging from fish and chips, liver, and steaks. One of the party always goes for the pie and this occasion was no exception. I tempted fate and went for the curry. I never order curry in a pub but this was superb. Another very enjoyable evening and well looked after by the charming staff. Perhaps the only downside was the beer on offer. The special wasn't very good at all and we wanted something different to the usual Everards fare. Most if us plumped for the Amstel which wasn't ideal but did the job. Nevertheless the lack of beer choice didn't dampen our spirits and we had a very enjoyable evening.

Desborough, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommended ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2015

For a warm welcome, good Service and great food. I/we highly recommend you visit the Swan Inn. People and Dog Friendly! Thank you to all at the Swan, Braybrook (Again!)