We stayed at the George and used it as a base to visit the British Bird fair at Rutland Water last weekend for 3 nights
we had a suite for £50 a night plus breakfast for an additional £5 - superb quality food and a great range of hand pulled beers and ciders..
the staff were great - very friendly and helpful and could not have been more welcoming
the food was fresh and cooked to order - a good choice from the blackboard - the Steak Pie was superb and the fish and chips to be believed.
the rooms are very well decorated with a boutique look and feel but not out of keeping for a rural inn - very smart and clean and very comfy beds.
- Also Known As:
- The George At Ashley Hotel
- The George At Ashley Hotel Market Harborough
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George at Ashley has a lovely position nestling in the heart of the Welland valley well within driving distance from Market Harborough and Corby with their direct train lines to London. In the past 260 yrs very little has changed in the valley. We offer a warm welcome to everyone who walks through the door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The George at Ashley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.