“Small Store, Big Selection” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Fryeburg
Cuisines: American
Boston, Massachusetts
“Small Store, Big Selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Whether you are looking for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or just coffee this is THE place in Fryeburg to stop. The Quinn's make their sandwiches and pizzas and full course dinners themselves and feature locally made baked goods and artisan food.

Visited January 2014

“Hard Work Pays Off!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Many years ago this convenience store with gas pumps was bought by a hard working family that decided to kick it up a notch. Wonderful Prime Rib every day and other amazing home made food items and baked goods, just like the "Center Lovell Market" before it was sold and put in the dumper by the new owners.
Go try the fresh lobster roll, and anything else they've got cooking.

Visited November 2013
sarasota, florida
“Who would have thought it would be so good???”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our picnic up Jockey Cap became more gourmet than would be expected. We even got salads for dinner in our room at Admiral Peary B&B (not many dog friendly options for eating, so eating ensuite is necessary - this place made it pleasurable!).

Visited September 2013
glen,New Hampshire
“Prime Rib to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Watching maybe too much late night television, I had a certain commercial stuck in my head....Not a beer commercial with beautiful women, not the latest model car...but a quirky,proud operator of a local general store (and alot more) who does the scenes with his wife and kids, showing the many reasons to visit, including the PRIME RIB. After seeing this commercial for Quinn's, checking Tripadvisor, and asking many co-workers who live in that area, I decided to take action on the mouth watering,heavily seasoned beef that can go in styrofoam to go....Instead of a late Saturday wait at many of the rerstaurants/ attractions Rt 16 in North Conway has to offer, I took a relaxing 15 minute ride on Rt 302 East into Fryeburg, Maine to find Quinns...A cute little wonderland of so many things, I ran over to the Prime Rib like a kid in a candy store....It traveled well, was mouthwatering and generous in size and reeked of tremendous value at $12.99 with 2 sides....I am SO GLAD I actually watched a commercial, and did the research...This place WILL be my Saturday afternoon "peaceful ride" with some carnivorous pleasure at the end of the rainbow!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Berkshires, MA
“Quaint and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My extended family (30+ members) have an unofficial family reunion at the Fryeburg Fair every fall. After church on Sunday, we head to Jockey Cap for homemade food to take back to our house. Over the years, we have enjoyed pizza, chicken pot pie, subs/grinders, pot roast dinner, etc. Everything is delicious. Last week, I ordered the pot roast dinner special. It consisted of very tender pot roast, potatoes and carrots. I ate it for Sunday dinner (lunch) and shared some with my husband. The next night, we shared the rest for supper - huge portions, all for just $9.99! We have never actually eaten at the store itself. It isn't fancy, but it looks just fine. In addition, they have a small selection of local souvenirs and some toys for children. I heard that they may have free wifi, but I did not verify this. The current owners also have updated the Trail Head to the top of "Jockey Cap", a small mountain. It is an easy 45-minute/1 hour climb with an amazing 360 degree view for not a lot of effort. I was able to climb it a month before knee replacement surgery, with the help of a walking stick.

• Visited October 2012