“expensive for average food. Nice atmosphere though” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oxford House Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Fryeburg
Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Oxford
Description: Culinary Institute of America graduate chef/co-owner crafts his seasonally changing menus to showcase the best that local farms have to offer, using techniques from around the world in the farm to table concept. Enjoy spectacular sunsets or fireside dining while savoring a delicious and creatively presented meal.
Fryeburg, Maine
“expensive for average food. Nice atmosphere though”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Clean and comfortable. Expensive food. The pub downstairs is intimate. Food was average and not many vegetarian dishes

Portland, Maine
“A lovely respite in the midst of winter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

My fiance and I were given a gift certificate for a night's stay. Little did we know what a wonderful present we'd been given. Everything was perfect -- from the warm welcome, to the wonderful food, to the charming room. Cannot recommend this inn more highly. We don't live in the area, but we plan to visit at least annually.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Limerick, Maine
“5 star meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Had a lovley dinner at Oxford House Inn. Attentive service. Great, warm downstairs bar. Dinner was outstanding, imaginative dishes with great presentation and quality to be expected at a big city venue. Great atmosphere.

Visited February 2012
Denmark, Maine
“Excellent Food, Atmosphere and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

WOW! That about sums it up for our recent experience to Fryeburg. Innovative fresh cuisine in a beautiful setting. Great owners and staff. Absolutely super!!

“Wonderful culinary experience, can't wait to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

I booked a res for 6 for NYE, we ended up adding 2 more which they were very accommodating for. We started out with a cocktail in Jonathans pub while are table was turned and prepped. We were seated in a private room that showcases the scenic white mountains but it was too dark to see. This room was a little less formal than the other two but great for our party to be loud.
The food was excellent, we had a 5 course pre fix menu (@$55pp). The first course was an endive with a salmon patte with capers and a duck patte on toast, for the 2nd course I had the poached pear with pine nuts and blue cheese to start and my gf had crab cakes. We split them and the crab cakes were just as good. For the 3rd course My salad lacked the same proportions as the other 7 at my table but it was still great. For the 4th I had a Filet, my gf had the Seabass, and I also sampled the bisson short ribs. All were excellent. For dessert I had a Creme Brulle that was a nice finish. Our two servers were very accommodating for this groups requests and dietary restrictions.

I will be back the next time I am in the area.

We also stayed in the Conway area and this was closer than going to downtown north Conway.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere