My family and I stayed here for 3 nights the end of April. We were placed next to a smoking room on the 3rd floor and it was terrible. The first night we arrived the room smelled stale but was OK. Then the weekend came and our last night there it was almost like someone was in our room smoking.
I complained to the person on the desk that night and also let them know in the morning and both times never felt they got the trouble. I should also mention that my wife was 6 months pregnant and we were there with my 2 year daughter.
The real issue I had was that the hotel was probably only about 30% occupancy (as I confirmed the next morning) yet they where puting most everyone on the 3rd floor which is the smoking floor. The first 2 floors are non-smoking. I can not understand why they would put non-smokers up there when they have 2 almost empty floors. In the elevator one of the guests even joked to me saying "I wonder why there sticking us all on the 3rd floor when its almost empty".
I also must say that the free wi-fi didnt work with my Blackberry for the entire time. No big deal cause they do have a computer in the lobby and you can also go to mcdonalds to get wi-fi down the road.
So if you dont mind smoke then this is a OK spot to stay but if your there with kids or someone pregnant then take my advise and stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- feel at home at the Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick hotelHave a comfortable and relaxing stay at Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick, our Freeport, Maine hotel. Unwind in welcoming bars and inviting restaurants. Enjoy the great outdoors with a mountain hike or cross country ski adventure. Walk through gorgeous forests, relax on beautiful beaches and enjoy ocean cruises just minutes from this Freeport/Brunswick hotel. Spend an afternoon shopping in some of the 120 outlet stores near the hotel. Visit L.L. Bean's Outdoor Discovery School and learn biking, kayaking, archery and fly fishing skills. Our complimentary shuttle service can get you to and from the Freeport Train Station to connect to the Amtrak Downeaster, which is located one mile from the hotel. We also make scheduled stops to downtown Freeport daily.Unwind and feel at home at our Freeport, Maine hotel in a comfortable guest room with thoughtful amenities. Relax on a clean and fresh Hampton bed® and stay entertained with a range of premium TV channels and free high-speed internet access. Start your day with Hampton’s free hot breakfast before heading off for a day’s business or sightseeing. Keep in shape during your stay in the indoor pool, and rejuvenate with a workout in the fitness center. Four versatile meeting rooms accommodate board meetings for ten or receptions for up to 100 attendees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick Hotel Freeport
- Freeport Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick Maine