“Good lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Cross street: Mallet Drive
Ayr, Scotland
“Good lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

One of the staff in LL Bean recommended this place and we were glad we had lunch there.

I had a lobster roll and my husband had the Italian sausage pizza. Both were very good.

Service was good and it is a lovely place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nashville, Tennessee
“Unforgettable Meal and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

While on a foliage tour of New England we went up the coastline of Maine from Wells to Freeport and spent the night there. After reading reviews here and researching I decided to have dinner at this restaurant which is in the Harraseeket Inn on Main St. We had parked on the other end of Main St. and enjoyed browsing thru the shops and outlets etc. At the end of most of the shops is this Inn and restaurant. It was a beautiful place from the road and made very welcoming as they have a fire pit lit up for the guests to enjoy and on a crisp cool New England evening there isn't much better than a warm wood fire and lots of beautiful foliage to make a welcome scene. The staff and the inside of the Broad Arrow Tavern were as welcoming and warm. The decor is rustic Maine cabin for sure but cozy. The staff very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable of the menu and whats on it.
I had what is called "The Real Maine Meal" which is a cup of lobster stew, a lobster roll with fries and a micro brew beer. I don't drink a lot of beer but told the waitress what types of beer I enjoy and she brought me samples of different micro brews that were similar to the kind I like, which was very helpful. I then got my lobster stew which was similar to a bisque but not as thick. It had plenty of lobster meat in it and as a person who has enjoyed lobster for most of my 54 years I can honestly say that this was THE BEST lobster soup of any kind that I have ever had anywhere!! I would go to Freeport, Maine again just for this stew. The rest of the meal was excellent also and the homemade dessert I had which was a peach, blueberry and blackberry crisp was tops also. We enjoyed the meal and atmosphere here very much and then enjoyed the walk back to our car after dinner on the clean safe ands scenic Main St. of Freeport. If you get to Freeport go to this Inn and have dinner, you won't be sorry you did.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tiverton, Rhode Island
“Rustic Tavern”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Good food. Casual atmosphere. Friendly bar and restaurant staff. Wood fired pizza. Good for families.

Visited May 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“An enjoyable experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The Broad Arrow Tavern is located within the Harraseeket Inn and offers a casual dining experience as opposed to their more formal Maine Dining Room. We were fortunate to get a table next to the wood burning fireplace and enjoyed the warmth and ambiance while eating a large portion of mussels for me and bacon wrapped scallops for my wife, each appetizer cost $12. I enjoyed the mussels but the scallops were rather dry and somewhat tasteless after apparently being baked in their wood fired oven. Service was good, the atmosphere was fun, and overall we enjoyed our light evening meal.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New England
“Excellent Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The wait was less than 5 minutes. The scallops were exceptional. The salads were fresh and plentiful. The ambiance was cozy! Great meal, great service, great atmosphere! This was a meal to remember!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere