“Poor Service” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 57 Restaurants in Freeport
Topsham, Maine
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was our second visit to this restaurant. The first visit we had family from out of town and a small child with us. Our waitress was clearly distracted because the table next to us (had a different waitress) received balloons, crayons, etc. for their child, while our child asked how come I'm not getting a balloon? We had to go in and continue asking for stuff. The food was excellent the service left a lot to be desired. Our second visit occurred yesterday. Our waitress was curt, delivered our frappe with it flowing over and set it down on the tables which, as you know, have holes in them so the sticky stuff was flowing over and down through to our pant legs. My husband was not very happy. She didn't apologize, didn't offer to clean it up and truthfully I believe the way she slammed it down on the table caused the soda to fizz up. Then she brings our check and mumbles something as she walks away. We had no idea what she said or that our check had been delivered we assumed it was the dessert menu. We wanted to place an order, but after that we went to another place in town to eat. Then she came and took the check and we hadn't put the $$ in it yet and we kept trying to tell her that as she hurriedly walked away. C'mon JR get the staff on board with some manners and decent service it'll go a long way towards increasing customer satisfaction. However, I won't be returning.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Halifax, Canada
“Looks can be deceiving... But not here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The Family and I travelled to Freeport for the Labor Day Weekend to get in some good old retail therapy. When lunchtime arrived we pretty much headed for the first place our stomach led us. Finding the line outside more that we could patiently tolerate at the time we carried on till well after the noon hour eating time had passed. We could tell what it was but didnt know what there would be inside. But we joined the now shorter line and waited to be seated. That didnt take long and we were conversed with while waiting but were surprised to be seated inside in a choice seating location. Our waitress came to see right away and all she needed to complete her ensemble was a set of roller skates. She was friendly and prompt and shortly after the drink order was in we were devouring the menu looking for the nosh that would quiet our appetites. What we ordered came down to the one we wanted to try first. They all sounded delicious and even better was the ones that we did order were the best burgers we've ever had. Sure I frequent a fast food joint or two but up til now my personal favorite burger joint had been Lick's. No longer... The burger size for price paid cannot be beat. Its made right in front of you. The shakes were thick and cold and freshly made as well. We didn't wait for a thing. We were attended to in record time. No request was denied. The ambient atmosphere took my wife back to the days of old when we would do on dates to the malt shop and share a shake in the corner booth after school like they did back in the 50s, a time we wish we'd been born in but weren't. The next time we visit Freeport we will be kicking down the door to get in. Can't wait to try another burger concoction and see what a flavorful time awaits me. Rock on, Johnny Rockets!

• Visited September 2012
Yarmouth, Maine
“Eat here!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

After my first time eating at Johnny Rockets in freeport I'm confident the staff is 100% on board with regards to making customers their #1 priority. My experience there was great. It was very busy when we went a couple days ago, as it usually is anywhere you go in freeport. The hostess and servers all accommodated to our needs. The food was GREAT! we couldn't get enough of the free fries and fountain refills!! They put on a dance which kept my little guy happy after his two hour tantrums. While I gave my name for list the hostess asked my son if he would like a balloon, which of course put a smile on his face (AND MINE!) Eat here! I highly recommend it. Very Old School Diner style. love it. Great for kids too.

• Visited August 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
“Worth trying once.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Very neat retro interior, can't say much about the burgers and fries though. Good milkshakes. Kind of expensive.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
lisbon
“Just Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

They have new people at this Johnny Rockets and they are amazing! Food great, staff great! They really care about giving you more than just great food. They dance for you and they always have a smile on their faces....real ones.

• Visited April 2012