“Great Food & Service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 59 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Chowder, Seafood, Dessert
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Corsican Restaurant is conveniently located just around the corner from L.L. Bean in the historic district and jewelry section of town at 9 Mechanic Street, in an original 1800's carriage house. We have two dining rooms and a new outdoor patio dining area. Our specialty is fresh delicious food served in a friendly Maine atmosphere. We also have gifts, Maine memorabilia and Angel from Maine ornaments.
Portland, Maine, United States
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I had lunch here today with a friend who'd been many times. The food and service were excellent. Nice cozy atmosphere and really well made food. I will definitely be back again soon.

Freeport, Maine
“Divine Scallops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was out and about in my hometown of Freeport last week, and stopped by around dinnertime, and had the most "divine scallops" and it felt like a favorite uncle and aunt had prepared a family meal with love that was delish in 'cozy surroundings'...I walked home with a full and good feeling about my selection that day last week...I need to go back more often.

Carole H. in Freeport, Maine

• Visited April 2014
Halifax Region, Canada
“Best clam chowder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped by the Corsican for lunch under recommendation. We were not disappointed. I had the soup of the day, and my husband had the clam chowder. The soup was good, but the chowder was the best I've ever tasted (and I'm from Nova Scotia where clam chowder is a common menu item). The rolls were fresh and savoury.

The service was friendly and fast. We'll be back next time we're in Freeport.

Visited April 2014
Raymond, Maine
“Dog Friendly Gem in Freeport, ME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We travel with our small Maltese dog all the time and always seek pet-friendly hotels and restaurants. It becomes problematic in the summer when you really cannot risk leaving your pet in the car to leave and go eat unless it is after dusk when it is cool enough. This restaurant is a great find right in the heart of Freeport, ME. They are dog friendly and in the summer have an open patio in the rear. The menu was excellent and very affordable. Since I usually try to minimize the carbs I eat, the waiter had no problem substituting a side of the evening vegetables in place of the starch. Warm and cozy inside; wait staff very attentive, very welcoming atmosphere.

• Visited April 2014
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
“A wonderful unassuming TREASURE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

In a world where everyone seems to think big and fancy means better, there is a wonderful treasure in Freeport Maine ...The Corsican is my "go to" restaurant...its comfortable, friendly, great staff, and great food...the prices are good, and so are the portions! If your mom was a really good cook, the Corsican is like going home to Mummas but in a nice cozy restaurant!
Its where I take good friends when we want to be able to have a good conversation in a home like atmosphere, with good downhome food! Meghan

• Visited March 2014