“Recommended by the B&B” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 57 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Italian
“Recommended by the B&B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The food was excellent, I had a tasty pasta and my grain free partner had (what else) lobster! The house wine was very suitable and the wait staff were very attentive without being intrusive. I didn't note any shortfalls maybe the pasta could have been made with hand cut noodles or the lobster larger but the prices were reasonable for a high tourist area.

Visited April 2014

Essex, Vermont
“By far, the best in Freeport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Superb food, efficient and friendly wait staff, excellent wine list, and awesome location. This is a "don't miss" dining event whenever one goes to Freeport.

Visited April 2014
Freeport, Maine
“Always an excellent experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

As a bed & breakfast local to Freeport, Azure Cafe is a stock recommendation we offer, as our guest ALWAYS are thrilled with both the food & the service that Jonas and his staff offer! I'm not kidding, we probably sent 600 guests there last year, and Azure is our personal choice of restaurants when Mrs. Innkeeper and I have a night out in Freeport! The wine list is incredible! My personal favorite dinner entry is the Cioppino, a Sicilian fish stew in a heavy red broth that includes 1/2 of a lobster in the stew! I like the 3 star hot preparation and be sure to get extra bread, so as to absorb all of the delicious broth!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Freeport, Maine
“Relaxed and consistent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Azure has wonderful food at a wide variety of price points. The service is excellent but relaxed. I especially enjoy eating out on the patio during the summer and watching the world go by.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
“Fantastic Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I'm so glad that we decided to try Azure Café for lunch. We were one of the first customers in for lunch on a Saturday and we were seated upstairs by the window with a good view of Main Street. The servers were very attentive. We started with house salads and their bread with oil & roasted garlic which was very tasty. We ordered the chicken marsala. It had a variety of mushrooms and the sauce was very flavorful. The other entrée we tried was the Spring Ravioli which was equally as good. It was topped with fresh artichokes and a lemon pepper oil. It's hard to decide which dish we liked better! It was one of the best meals that I've had in a while. I will be definitely be back and would highly recommend Azure Café.

• Visited April 2014